Fan Day Notes

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
@flea77 - wanted to apologize for not shaking your hand and introducing myself when getting Will's signature. I was trying to get out of the way and failed to ask the lady that talked briefly with me if she was Will's mom. If she was your bride, thank her for chatting with me about the tech support shirt.

Folks, Will has the BEARD going strong !!

Best wishes to Will this coming season.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
ALL, let me reiterate, ALL players love the new jerseys. All but swear that they new practice uni's are more comfortable and feel "cooler". So all the hype about Adidas potential for performance enhancement has some validity and isn't just marketing hype.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
ALL, let me reiterate, ALL players love the new jerseys. All but swear that they new practice uni's are more comfortable and feel "cooler". So all the hype about Adidas potential for performance enhancement has some validity and isn't just marketing hype.
Oh crap! Here's comes the NCAA for our collective use of PED's (Performance Enhancing Duds) ;)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
how did lucas look?

I hadn't read/heard the report prior to getting back home today. Didn't pay attention to what was under the table, i.e wasn't looking at legs.

He was cordial and didn't show signs of discomfort. If I'd have know, i'd have asked him about it. The QB signing table had Marshall, Lantz, Johnson and Oliver in that order. Graham was with the receivers.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I hadn't read/heard the report prior to getting back home today. Didn't pay attention to what was under the table, i.e wasn't looking at legs.

He was cordial and didn't show signs of discomfort. If I'd have know, i'd have asked him about it. The QB signing table had Marshall, Lantz, Johnson and Oliver in that order. Graham was with the receivers.

appears @danny daniel got as much scoop about it that was available.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Did you get a chance to see James Graham? Or talk to him @awbuzz How many players did you talk to?

Got signatures from all that were there. :)

Asked the DBs (safeties and CB) who the toughest receiver to cover so far.............. Camp was the dominate answer. Strength and size. Stewart was mentioned by a couple of them too. Brad's routes were better, maybe due to beign a senior.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
The D players seemed to be very upbeat and excited about the new coaches and scheme. D players are getting much bigger and very athletic looking. The O-Line table was very long and full of lots of big bodies, including a large number of impressive walk-ons. DeFoor indicated he was now at tackle (sounded like for good) after moving around some.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Regarding the toughest BB to take down:

D-line responses, to a man - KirVonte
Linebackers responses - KirVonte
Corner Backs responses - KirVonte
Safeties - KirVonte was the first response, then someone mention Howard. Immediately a couple of guys blurted KIRVONTE almost in disbelief that someone mentioned Jerry.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I got a chance to talk a few minutes with Coach Nate Woody. He was very cordial and impressive. I told him that his players were really excited about the new coaches and scheme and that he seemed to have things between their ears going in the right direction. He indicated that he was pleased with progress, had a lot to work with, and there were pieces yet to be put together to make it all work, but we are working hard to make it happen.

I was very optimistic about the D before and now that I have talked with the DC up close I am even more optimistic. Some of those newer recruits are really impressive and some of the older ones under the new scheme may be getting a better opportunity to compete ( such as T Jackson, J Johnson, Merriweather, D Curry, Cooksey) .

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Two things to mention:
My daughter overheard one fan mention that he’d like to see a blue jersey, and the receivers replied “ we all want that too.” (Apologies to those that are anti-blue).

I briefly spoke to TStan and got him to sign a football for an injured nephew (mentioned in the Fan Day Roll Call post). I am totally impressed. You can tell he gets it (to quote another post). He really seems to enjoy being at GT and wants to connect with the fans (even sidewalk fans like me).

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Thanks @awbuzz, we definitely (as always enjoyed seeing you and Zane (sp).
Thanks for taking time out to speak.
Yes sir, CPJ chuckled when I doubled back for the signature :)

Also ran into @GTMom,@flea77, and my Buddy @ClydeBrick (thank's for holding out spot).
I must say, today was definitely one of the most upbeat and energetic fan days that I've ever experienced (been to all of them during the CPJ tenure).
The team definitely is stoked about the new attire. You can feel the swag it give's them and they definitely reciprocate their approval by their demeanor.

This team has been hitting the weights during the off season. KIRVONTE is yuge..
I'm looking forward to seeing how this team can produce and exceed all expectations.
I asked CPJ how he feels about the team
He said "It'll be fine"...lol