Fan Day alternative

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
has anyone heard of a fan day alternative? I doubt we have it in August due to circumstances.
Maybe they do like a send in a donation to the school and a coach will sign a mini helmet or football?
I really wanted to get Gibbs, Brooks, and Sims autos this year. But understand why we won't have it.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
has anyone heard of a fan day alternative? I doubt we have it in August due to circumstances.
Maybe they do like a send in a donation to the school and a coach will sign a mini helmet or football?
I really wanted to get Gibbs, Brooks, and Sims autos this year. But understand why we won't have it.

If you send in a donation by tomorrow, you get to have a Zoom meeting with head coaches.
GT ATHLETIC HEAD COACH VIRTUAL MEETING OPPORTUNITIES

• Coach Geoff Collins
    • All donors at the Diamond "T" ($7,500), Half Scholarship ($15,000) and Full Scholarship ($30,000) levels
    • Meetings will be around 10 donors per session to allow for personalized time
  • Collection of GT Head Coaches
    • New donors who join at the Alexander ($500), Heisman ($1,000) or Golden "T" ($3,000) levels
    • Renewing donors who upgrade their 2019 giving level to the Alexander ($500), Heisman ($1,000) or Golden "T" ($3,000) levels
    • Renewing donors who upgrade their 2019 gift amount by $1,000
    • Meetings will feature several head coaches at a time, will be open to a large audience, and follow a Town Hall structure

Not autographs from Gibbs, Brooks, and Sims, but it is something.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
If you send in a donation by tomorrow, you get to have a Zoom meeting with head coaches.

Not autographs from Gibbs, Brooks, and Sims, but it is something.
I've seen that.
I am unsure of what I would say or talk about with a coach LOL. It's a cool idea, but I'd want to ask questions I am sure they could not talk about I.E. recruiting, schemes, things of insider interest.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I've seen that.
I am unsure of what I would say or talk about with a coach LOL. It's a cool idea, but I'd want to ask questions I am sure they could not talk about I.E. recruiting, schemes, things of insider interest.
Not allowed fan buddy. You must only talk about Waffle House and 404 hats. Everything else is off limits. That'll be 30 k please.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Not allowed fan buddy. You must only talk about Waffle House and 404 hats. Everything else is off limits. That'll be 30 k please.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes: exactly why they won't get my money for this initiative.
I want information. I don't care to chit chat. Hell I can do that via Twitter. Regardless most people would love to get something in return for donations sadly. I've donated 2x this year. 1 with purchase of season tickets and again just for annual donation. If they want a 3rd I need to see some form of immediate return. If its GT football gloves, some swag, or even some perks like opportunities to get discounted concessions/gear.

If I could donate $100 to receive 10% off goods purchased at the bookstore, $200 is 20% and $300 is 30% I would be happy with that. 300 goes to the program and I'll end up saving about $100 after getting 30% off.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
So if you are at that level and don't send your donation by tomorrow you are out of luck?

I may be mistaken, but I read it as saying that you qualify for the meetings if you have reached those levels. I think they are using the marketing of it as a way to encourage people to start donating or increase their level of donation. I don't think they are excluding people who have already donated at those levels for this fiscal year. (which ends tomorrow)