1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Fan Day alternative

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by boger2337, Jun 29, 2020 at 8:22 AM.

1. boger2337

boger2337 Helluva Engineer

has anyone heard of a fan day alternative? I doubt we have it in August due to circumstances.
    Maybe they do like a send in a donation to the school and a coach will sign a mini helmet or football?
    I really wanted to get Gibbs, Brooks, and Sims autos this year. But understand why we won't have it.

2. RonJohn

RonJohn Helluva Engineer

If you send in a donation by tomorrow, you get to have a Zoom meeting with head coaches.
    Not autographs from Gibbs, Brooks, and Sims, but it is something.

boger2337 likes this.
  3. boger2337

I've seen that.
    I am unsure of what I would say or talk about with a coach LOL. It's a cool idea, but I'd want to ask questions I am sure they could not talk about I.E. recruiting, schemes, things of insider interest.

Gtbowhunter90 and Clay mathews like this.
  4. Gtbowhunter90

Gtbowhunter90 Helluva Engineer Contributing Writer

Not allowed fan buddy. You must only talk about Waffle House and 404 hats. Everything else is off limits. That'll be 30 k please.

JacketGirl, Dottie1145 and boger2337 like this.
  5. boger2337

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes: exactly why they won't get my money for this initiative.
    I want information. I don't care to chit chat. Hell I can do that via Twitter. Regardless most people would love to get something in return for donations sadly. I've donated 2x this year. 1 with purchase of season tickets and again just for annual donation. If they want a 3rd I need to see some form of immediate return. If its GT football gloves, some swag, or even some perks like opportunities to get discounted concessions/gear.

If I could donate $100 to receive 10% off goods purchased at the bookstore, $200 is 20% and $300 is 30% I would be happy with that. 300 goes to the program and I'll end up saving about $100 after getting 30% off.

6. deeznats

deeznats Helluva Engineer

So if you are at that level and don't send your donation by tomorrow you are out of luck?

7. RonJohn

RonJohn Helluva Engineer

I may be mistaken, but I read it as saying that you qualify for the meetings if you have reached those levels. I think they are using the marketing of it as a way to encourage people to start donating or increase their level of donation. I don't think they are excluding people who have already donated at those levels for this fiscal year. (which ends tomorrow)