Famous Winston Suspended 1st Half vs Clemson

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Dude just can't right. I can see him being Ryan Leaf part II. Just a total lack of maturity.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The thing is, this is actually the lesser of the 3 things he got in hot water for and the one that actually costs him playing time. In all honesty, had it been just a regular student, they don't get in trouble for doing what he did.

I'm wary of laughing at another school's trouble for having immature athletes. As last summer proves, as soon as we starting laughing at someone else's problems, karma tends to give us our own set of problems.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The thing is, this is actually the lesser of the 3 things he got in hot water for and the one that actually costs him playing time. In all honesty, had it been just a regular student, they don't get in trouble for doing what he did.

I'm wary of laughing at another school's trouble for having immature athletes. As last summer proves, as soon as we starting laughing at someone else's problems, karma tends to give us our own set of problems.
I understand but the fact that this is reason he finally gets suspended for something is what I am laughing at.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Between the Winston Saga and the PR nightmare in the NFL right now, I'm wondering how this will affect college sports in the future.
Hear me out for a sec.

We all know that a lot of the factory schools who get the best talent do a lot of looking the other way for their better players when it comes to discipline, and they have no problem picking up JUCO transfers who already were cut loose elsewhere... looking at Auburn and UL. Its obvious they care more about winning and money than making these student athletes better people. Meanwhile, school like GT have very few incidences in comparison, the discipline is tough, and we have a pretty good reputation I'd say for churning out better men than other schools. Even looking at how many NFL players come back and complete their degrees speaks volumes.

With the NFL starting to face more and more pressure from groups about the conduct of their players and needing to shape up, its going to make NFL coaches take a closer look at the star players who are basket cases regardless of how good they may be because the moment they have an incident they'll have to drop them to avoid it blowing up in their face from a PR perspective.

So, will this benefit GT and other schools that don't just work to develop talent but also the student athlete themselves. Will a parent look at GT as a school that (while we're not churning out top 10 teams every year) is actually keeping their kid in line so they get a shot at the the pro's because the discipline will be in check.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
A buddy of mine (Clemson fan) said he thinks it's a calculated Heisman posturing move. They sit him out the first half and let Clemson get a little lead. Then he gets to come to the rescue in the second half and lead them to the win.

Also said he thinks if they really want to punish him they should make him play the whole game and suspend the O-line for the first half. (y)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
A buddy of mine (Clemson fan) said he thinks it's a calculated Heisman posturing move. They sit him out the first half and let Clemson get a little lead. Then he gets to come to the rescue in the second half and lead them to the win.

Also said he thinks if they really want to punish him they should make him play the whole game and suspend the O-line for the first half. (y)

Sounds like a Clemson fan. :rolleyes:

Speaking of dumb things fans say, I heard a lady (FSU fan) on the radio this morning say STTE she'd rather they lose every game Winston plays and that they should give some of those "hard-working white boys" a chance. :eek: This was XM radio too so it's not like it was some backwater FL town show.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FSU just suspended him for the whole game!!

this guy talks about the Heisman conspiracy theory of having Winston come in the second half - called a mockery.......

What was Winston yelling about - no mo crab legs??????

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Coupla twitter rumors out there that he's gonna be kicked of the team completely. Could be just random rumors but ... I got my popcorn ready on this one.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Coupla twitter rumors out there that he's gonna be kicked of the team completely. Could be just random rumors but ... I got my popcorn ready on this one.
If you believe a shred of those twitter rumors, you're not watching this game. The struggle is real.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Jumbo wasn't happy when Jameis initially came to the field with his shoulder pads and helmet on... Sent him back to the locker room

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Jumbo wasn't happy when Jameis initially came to the field with his shoulder pads and helmet on... Sent him back to the locker room

That look should have had a caption: "Son, you have probably cost me a few million dollars with your stupidity, get out of my sight."

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If you believe a shred of those twitter rumors, you're not watching this game. The struggle is real.

I hear you, but it's very likely that another incident's gonna happen. He can't survive another black-eye to the school, especially with the "get it right" climate being set by the NFL regarding conduct issues.

That look should have had a caption: "Son, you have probably cost me a few million dollars with your stupidity, get out of my sight."
Or, "Son, you have probably cost yourself a few million dollars with your stupidity, get out of my sight."