Fall semester academics

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
From GT alumni leadership:

"Georgia Tech Athletic Association just released the fall semester academic outcomes for our 417 student athletes. 51% earned a 3.0 or higher. 45% earned Dean's List or Faculty Honors. The entire incoming freshman class (126 athletes strong) earned a mean 2.96 gpa. GT takes pride in its student-athletes!"

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
From GT alumni leadership:

"Georgia Tech Athletic Association just released the fall semester academic outcomes for our 417 student athletes. 51% earned a 3.0 or higher. 45% earned Dean's List or Faculty Honors. The entire incoming freshman class (126 athletes strong) earned a mean 2.96 gpa. GT takes pride in its student-athletes!"

If this is for the athletes, i wonder what the nerds are getting. Talk about grade inflation . In 69 making deans list was bid deal. 3.25 average got fourth in graduating class in ME. I guess we gt is addicted to the out of state tuition. It looks like == if you get in you will all get a pretty much the same good grade.

Maybe gtaa should spend money on retainage verses recruiting. Extra extra help for non nuclear family type like deddrick mills might make a difference. Surely we can show him he can scratch out a 2.2!! If he believes he can't cut it kids find otber ways to quit. Two roomates i had -" got homesick" for girl friend. Both could have made it, but got shafted in one or two classes. Once they got down on t hemselves, they really started missing their girlfriend back home.

I hope tstan works to get extra extra help the " kind of ma rginal admits" . That will improve recriuting in ga and ala where the overall academics of a mumber of schools is challenging.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
If this is for the athletes, i wonder what the nerds are getting. Talk about grade inflation . In 69 making deans list was bid deal. 3.25 average got fourth in graduating class in ME. I guess we gt is addicted to the out of state tuition. It looks like == if you get in you will all get a pretty much the same good grade.

Maybe gtaa should spend money on retainage verses recruiting. Extra extra help for non nuclear family type like deddrick mills might make a difference. Surely we can show him he can scratch out a 2.2!! If he believes he can't cut it kids find otber ways to quit. Two roomates i had -" got homesick" for girl friend. Both could have made it, but got shafted in one or two classes. Once they got down on t hemselves, they really started missing their girlfriend back home.

I hope tstan works to get extra extra help the " kind of ma rginal admits" . That will improve recriuting in ga and ala where the overall academics of a mumber of schools is challenging.

Hint for ya. This is why the averages are good. not so much grade inflation.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Can u fill me in, sir?
Not clear
Why are the averages so good?

I have son and daughter in law that are professors who say this inflation is happening at their college.
Is inflation happening? Of course it is.

Is inflation the reason our athletes are doing so well? I highly doubt it. Athletes have a HUGE support structure in big D1 schools now that is almost not fair when compared to normal students. The amount of tutors and advisers, as well as mandatory study halls is a big reason athletes do better now than they used to. All of that requires an investment into retention.