Fall Camp Thread

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/gtcamp17.html

THE FLATS -- Exactly one month before the highly anticipated season opener versus Tennessee in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Georgia Tech football officially opened preparations for the 2017 campaign with its first practice of the season at Rose Bowl Field.

Practice Details:
Friday's practice consisted of 24 periods and lasted nearly two-and-a-half hours. Per NCAA rules, the the first workout of the season had no contact with the Yellow Jackets donning helmets, jerseys and shorts (no pads).

Play of the Day:
The plays of the year to date occured during a seven-on-seven period midway through practice. The first came on the first play of the period when junior safety A.J. Gray made a great read on pass, jumped the route, made the interception and ran uncontested up the right sideline for a touchdown. Just a couple plays later, the offense got some revenge when junior quarterback TaQuon Marshall made a perfect back-shoulder pass to redshirt freshman Stephen Dolphus, who hauled the ball in despite tight coverage and made his way down the left sideline for a long gain.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Jay Jones missed practice with illness. Don't know if I'm thrilled with Jordan throwing a pick 6 in 7-7 but it was his first pass. I will say this, you can tell we've stepped up our recruiting by how the freshmen look. They all look like college players. We look good getting off the bus for the first time in awhile. Sisk and staff have done a great job.

SlawDog

Banned
Jay Jones missed practice with illness. Don't know if I'm thrilled with Jordan throwing a pick 6 in 7-7 but it was his first pass. I will say this, you can tell we've stepped up our recruiting by how the freshmen look. They all look like college players. We look good getting off the bus for the first time in awhile. Sisk and staff have done a great job.
Jesus! Concerned about a pick six on his first pass in shorts in a 7/7 drill. Now we know why practices are closed

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

Glad someone has info on the practices. Anyone stood out.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Jesus! Concerned about a pick six on his first pass in shorts in a 7/7 drill. Now we know why practices are closed
First off it was kind of a tongue in cheek comment but since we are going there, let's be honest. Everyone knows that passing is a concern with Jordan, including the coaches. He runs the offense great but we have to be able to throw when necessary. I have watched the VT game and Miami game from 2 years ago several times and I call it like I see it, his passing was dreadful. It should be a concern he's throwing a pick in 7 on 7, a very QB friendly drill. But I give him the benefit of the doubt coming off surgery and his first pass in camp, although they have been running 7-7 all summer. I still think Matt starts game 1 vs UT and I will be pulling like crazy for him and the TEAM.