Fall Camp News

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Like I said, he was a star player, he's just not a "superstar". There's a difference between a marquee level player (and yes, that means the guys who throw, catch, run the ball) and guys who are good players but don't get top billing. Unfortunately, vast majority of fans and media don't tune in to watch an OL maul a defensive lineman, and OLs certainly will not get top "superstar" billing. How many linemen make it to the Heisman stage even though there are OLs and DLs that are vastly better than some of the skill guys that make it to the Heisman ceremony.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I had some enjoyable time watching the TO, but I'm ready for "Big Boy" FB in the teams that I follow for the rest of my life.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I had some enjoyable time watching the TO, but I'm ready for "Big Boy" FB in the teams that I follow for the rest of my life.
You know, I just can't agree. I suppose its because I'm an old (believe it) OL. I used to relish sitting in the stands and watching our OL HIT the opposition in new and different ways on almost every play. Not waltz with them, not hug them, not push them and hope for the best, but HIT them. I took real pride in hearing that other teams players and coaches said - and they did - that Tech was the most physical game they played every year.

Ah, well. Perhaps this year "Big Boy" football will suddenly appear and we'll win a few more games. As I keep saying, Tech coaches have always been able to get to 7 wins reliably. There's no reason why we can't expect at least that every year. If not …

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
You know, I just can't agree. I suppose its because I'm an old (believe it) OL. I used to relish sitting in the stands and watching our OL HIT the opposition in new and different ways on almost every play. Not waltz with them, not hug them, not push them and hope for the best, but HIT them. I took real pride in hearing that other teams players and coaches said - and they did - that Tech was the most physical game they played every year.

Ah, well. Perhaps this year "Big Boy" football will suddenly appear and we'll win a few more games. As I keep saying, Tech coaches have always been able to get to 7 wins reliably. There's no reason why we can't expect at least that every year. If not …
12 games.
Win half = average = 6
Play tough schedule and = 5 = that's no fun.

We think we should be above average therefore we are!
Omg
The other team thinks they are above average too !

Guess will have to use a hard hitting defense