Fall Camp News

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
The way I see it is that nothing we've seen from this staff ensures better performance, but without what we've seen from them the desired better performance is very unlikely. I'll take what I can get!
except it is a mostly rebuilt staff. That being said, we are way too dependant on transfers which is not the way to build teams...particularly OL and DL.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
except it is a mostly rebuilt staff. That being said, we are way too dependant on transfers which is not the way to build teams...particularly OL and DL.

In football, we are in the "feeder transfer" trap. Our best players will move up to higher ranked programs to feed their teams.

The new face of college sports. Love it or leave it. I have one foot out the door some days for college football, somedays two.

At least in baseball, we are a highly ranked program and get transfers in with more talent (better stats) than we lose.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It hasn't been in the past, but it's a brave new world. I think it'll take 5-10 years to see just how the new transfer system is going to affect development moving forward. Ideally, we should only be relying on individual players for major contributions for 3 years, 1 year on special teams and 2 years as older players. Unfortunately, we've had to rely on younger players to step in and contribute immediately either due to lack of talent or lack of depth.

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
Yep. That's why I love that picture of Linus and Lucy. The look on Linus's face....he knows he shouldn't do it. I mean, he's not stupid and he's seen this movie before. But...the possibility that maybe, just maybe, he'll get to kick it this time has him thinking "What can go wrong?" ;)
LINUS and Lucy???
Lord help us! Man if we can't even get the name of the central character of Peanuts right, it's a bad omen.

JacketFan137

Banned
Not to be too negative but we heard this last yr AND he is showing-out vs our DEF which has potential to be no better than last yr.-a sobering thought.
true definitely something that is possible lol but i do think the fact that high praise is coming when a new offense is being installed is certainly a good sign

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Having a great camp would be a understatement. Sims is possibly having the best camp possible. Week 1 can’t come soon enough.
Do tell. I only get info from typical online outlets but all they ever say is just "throwing a great ball" "made a few good reads" etc. Anything more specific to add?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So Gibbs moved to a higher ranked program. Any other facts to support your view? What about the 4 stars we got from Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Notre Dame.....

This board is such a negative place.

Yup https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/TransferPortal/?institutionkey=24011

Other than Gibbs, there was Ivey, Domineck, Walker, Lockhart, Yates and others. We needed them for continuity and development and depth.

We got no 247 Sports 4 stars. And lost none, other than Gibbs.

Lesser teams lose players to better teams. These guys want to get to the NFL and find the best route for themselves to get there. I'm fine with that since they should do what's best for themselves. It's the way of the NCAA money sports now.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
"... an oft-asked question of the preseason – which freshmen will play and not be redshirted? – Moore is a leading candidate to contribute on the field this season."