Fall Camp News

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Best time of year. What can go wrong?
Yep. That's why I love that picture of Linus and Lucy. The look on Linus's face....he knows he shouldn't do it. I mean, he's not stupid and he's seen this movie before. But...the possibility that maybe, just maybe, he'll get to kick it this time has him thinking "What can go wrong?" ;)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
So cgc says Sims was making good throws and some where into tight coverage. Hmm.

How do u tell if he is forcing it?

In his covid year I sat in upper deck and watched the wr/ dB.
The other team dbs were easily keeping close to our wr. At benz wr and qb better be coordinated because Clemson has a good dl. Too bad we have to start against such a team. . IF Sims does ust OK its a good sign..

JacketFan137

Banned
So cgc says Sims was making good throws and some where into tight coverage. Hmm.

How do u tell if he is forcing it?

In his covid year I sat in upper deck and watched the wr/ dB.
The other team dbs were easily keeping close to our wr. At benz wr and qb better be coordinated because Clemson has a good dl. Too bad we have to start against such a team. . IF Sims does ust OK its a good sign..
our WRs this year are actually much bigger targets. ej jenkins and blackburn are huge so at some point i think our qbs should be taking some risks and letting our WRs make a play. in the past we really haven’t had the guys to do that. our WRs were all much smaller and not guys that can jump and beat guys.

with the emphasis on TE and blackburn being the reincarnation of waller, we need to have our qbs trust their arm and make the wr go up and get it

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yep. That's why I love that picture of Linus and Lucy. The look on Linus's face....he knows he shouldn't do it. I mean, he's not stupid and he's seen this movie before. But...the possibility that maybe, just maybe, he'll get to kick it this time has him thinking "What can go wrong?" ;)
um...am I missing something, Charlie Brown? Where's Linus?

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I just still can’t believe the fact that the face of our program being MIA from practice and fan day is flying completely under the radar.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
He really does I feel optimism. I'm scared I'm falling for it again, but I believe as well
It may be we have some positive direction but with our schedule I don't see enough Ws for Collins and this staff to survive. Collins needed to make hay against the Citadels and NIUs of the world plus win a few more close ones. Couldn't get it done and now hill too steep to climb. Folks want results and they want them now.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Sims often waited for his receiver to come open rather than throwing when the receiver was making his break. Held just a beat or two too long. Put too much pressure on the OL to hold their blocks. Not to say they didn't have some breakdowns as well.

JacketFan137

Banned
Sims often waited for his receiver to come open rather than throwing when the receiver was making his break. Held just a beat or two too long. Put too much pressure on the OL to hold their blocks. Not to say they didn't have some breakdowns as well.
probably hard to get your timing and rhythm right when so many plays were killed off immediately from guys getting blown up off the snap. training camp talk is that the o line looks better so maybe both of these things will get resolved

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I thought this just the other day. If he can trust himself and receivers and just sail it to a guy we can be that much more explosive

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Folks want results and they want them now.
I agree and disagree. Sure, wins are important but I just want to see us look competent or even above competent. I’m way past wanting wins with Collins. I just want us to get plays in on time, make gimme field goals, and cover guys up close when it’s 3rd and 4. After the disaster of 2021 I just want GT football not to be a laughingstock and every QB’s career day.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I think so. Leo’s the one they use for uni reveal tho.
Probably because he wears #1 and is 6’5”. I don’t think anyone would consider a guy who’s never played a snap for us the “face of the program.”

Not surprised people aren’t freaking out about him not being there - we’ve never seen him play. How much can you miss something you never had (although I am aware of the hype)? This isn’t like Dontae Smith wasn’t there or something.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Probably because he wears #1 and is 6’5”. I don’t think anyone would consider a guy who’s never played a snap for us the “face of the program.”

Not surprised people aren’t freaking out about him not being there - we’ve never seen him play. How much can you miss something you never had (although I am aware of the hype)? This isn’t like Dontae Smith wasn’t there or something.
Calm down, pal…the “face of the program” comment wasn’t meant to be taken too literal.

But while we’re on it…yes, the kid has a TON of hype and I can’t wait to watch him play. From most accounts, many are expecting him to be a starter and major contributor to the success of our football program. So yes, I am gonna miss him if he’s unavailable. I believe most Yellow Jacket fans would agree with that sentiment.

Also…forgot to mention…you say “because he’s wears #1 and is 6’5”…BUT HE WAS WEARING #22 IN THE UNI REVEAL!! And no one can tell how tall someone is in pictures, so…

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Calm down, pal…the “face of the program” comment wasn’t meant to be taken too literal.

But while we’re on it…yes, the kid has a TON of hype and I can’t wait to watch him play. From most accounts, many are expecting him to be a starter and major contributor to the success of our football program. So yes, I am gonna miss him if he’s unavailable. I believe most Yellow Jacket fans would agree with that sentiment.

Also…forgot to mention…you say “because he’s wears #1 and is 6’5”…BUT HE WAS WEARING #22 IN THE UNI REVEAL!! And no one can tell how tall someone is in pictures, so…
Since you explained I’m calm now, thank you! You confused me because you used the phrases, “I still can’t believe” and “completely flying under the radar” after you’ve brought it up on multiple posts. A poster above me was also confused. If you’re shocked that fans aren’t questioning the absence of a player who’s only appearance has off-season uni reveals with his helmet on, who’s never done a press conference, and never played a snap, then you got it champ.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
The way I see it is that nothing we've seen from this staff ensures better performance, but without what we've seen from them the desired better performance is very unlikely. I'll take what I can get!

Last edited: