Fall Ball (2019)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Oooohhh, those stats give me goosebumps.

Which Fr pitcher? My guess is Zach Maxwell (who was drafted by Yankees). Or it may be a rFr though less likely.

Is 6'9" extension distance from rubber where ball is released? I'll need to read these during the FB game today .. great videos of release and spin on FB, curve, slider, etc ... chores first ..... one quote that jumped out:
"ARE PITCHERS WITH HIGHER SPIN RATES MORE LIKELY TO BE INJURED?
No, not that we can tell.
Though there is a growing belief that drastic changes in spin rate (usually sharp decreases) can be a sign of an injury or pending injury."
https://www.drivelinebaseball.com/2016/11/spin-rate-what-we-know-now/
https://www.drivelinebaseball.com/2016/11/spin-rate-part-ii-spin-axis-useful-spin/
In one of his earlier tweets... he referenced 6'8" pitcher throwing his fastest pitch of his life. There is no returning player that tall. Maybe same dude?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
In one of his earlier tweets... he referenced 6'8" pitcher throwing his fastest pitch of his life. There is no returning player that tall. Maybe same dude?
That is William Coquillard from California. It could very easily be Maxwell though because he's 6'6.

BuzzFan45

Georgia Tech Fan
Oooohhh, those stats give me goosebumps.

Which Fr pitcher? My guess is Zach Maxwell (who was drafted by Yankees). Or it may be a rFr though less likely.

Is 6'9" extension distance from rubber where ball is released? I'll need to read these during the FB game today .. great videos of release and spin on FB, curve, slider, etc ... chores first ..... one quote that jumped out:
"ARE PITCHERS WITH HIGHER SPIN RATES MORE LIKELY TO BE INJURED?
No, not that we can tell.
Though there is a growing belief that drastic changes in spin rate (usually sharp decreases) can be a sign of an injury or pending injury."
https://www.drivelinebaseball.com/2016/11/spin-rate-what-we-know-now/
https://www.drivelinebaseball.com/2016/11/spin-rate-part-ii-spin-axis-useful-spin/
It was Maxwell. Borrell confirmed in the comments attached to the Tweet...

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Also, with 19 freshman mentioned and a roster size of 35, that only leaves 16 roster spots for returners. (Does Hurter count against the roster if he's going to be out all year?). If you start counting down the names on the roster from last year, you quickly see there will have to be a fair number of underclassmen names from last year that aren't going to be back.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Also, with 19 freshman mentioned and a roster size of 35, that only leaves 16 roster spots for returners. (Does Hurter count against the roster if he's going to be out all year?). If you start counting down the names on the roster from last year, you quickly see there will have to be a fair number of underclassmen names from last year that aren't going to be back.
Some of the freshmen are going to be cut or move on by the start of spring. We also had about 10 players either get drafted or graduate after last year, so there are a good number of roster spots available. I don't really get excited about players (unless they are sure things) until the roster is officially posted on ramblinwreck.com.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Some of the freshmen are going to be cut or move on by the start of spring. We also had about 10 players either get drafted or graduate after last year, so there are a good number of roster spots available. I don't really get excited about players (unless they are sure things) until the roster is officially posted on ramblinwreck.com.
It's true we did lose a lot of draftees and seniors, but I still count 22 on the roster that would be returning otherwise from last year (not counting draftees or seniors). I also didn't count Hurter, N Wilhite, or Carter Hall. So at minimum, seems like at least 6 freshman or expected returners won't be there in the fall.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's true we did lose a lot of draftees and seniors, but I still count 22 on the roster that would be returning otherwise from last year (not counting draftees or seniors). I also didn't count Hurter, N Wilhite, or Carter Hall. So at minimum, seems like at least 6 freshman or expected returners won't be there in the fall.

Going to be a battle to be ATL:censored:

I think losing 6 is realistic for various reasons, mostly lack of opportunity for playing time. I don't like oversigning, but in this case many of the players don't have scholarships (or partial scholarships) and are really only being given the opportunity to show out.

To me, having a player without a scholarship not make the roster is not the same and not as bad as taking away a scholarship (or partial scholarship) of a player.