Fall Ball (2019)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hope these games are going to be on ACC Network!

Things will be sorted out by then as to service providers. I liked the past years when most games were on ESPN3. Now will probably have to find a carrier that has ACC Network. I'll give Sling a month or two. There aren't many compelling football games for us till UNC on 5 October and that is before out Fall Ball games.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Early call on my part... CDH successor controversy? I kid.

No controversy at all. Ramsey taking over would fulfill my three mid-season wishes from last year. 1) a new 3B, 2) a new pitching coach and 3) a new HC. As is, I think we are most of the way there since Hall has seceded to the younger Ramsey and Borrell. I think we are fabulously positioned for 2021. 2020 will be rocky to start with weak pitching experience. Maybe make a run at the endof 2020. But definately post season competitive (Omaha) by 2021.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Data!! No info on location... one step at a time. ;)

Another thing to watch is our injury rate. If this helps detect bad motions or weakening arms quicker and that lessens injuries, that's another bonus. I think Borrell said something t that effect at one time. Maybe our past high injury rate could .......... :whistle:

I don't see how this will do anything but help pitcher recruiting as well as performance. And for the really good pitchers, help convince them to come to colege for development rather than go t the minors. This should help in borderline cases, not the pitchers with a $1M signing bonus.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Another thing to watch is our injury rate. If this helps detect bad motions or weakening arms quicker and that lessens injuries, that's another bonus. I think Borrell said something t that effect at one time. Maybe our past high injury rate could .......... :whistle:

I don't see how this will do anything but help pitcher recruiting as well as performance. And for the really good pitchers, help convince them to come to colege for development rather than go t the minors. This should help in borderline cases, not the pitchers with a $1M signing bonus.
Agree. To me this was a slam dunk hire. You can go to the minors and get coached by someone like DBo, but he is going to have way more pitchers to focus on and you could get lost in the crowd. If you come to Tech, you get the same proven MLB level pitching development on a daily basis without having to worry about getting lost in the size of the organization.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Agree. To me this was a slam dunk hire. You can go to the minors and get coached by someone like DBo, but he is going to have way more pitchers to focus on and you could get lost in the crowd. If you come to Tech, you get the same proven MLB level pitching development on a daily basis without having to worry about getting lost in the size of the organization.
GT, PictcherU!!!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I'm finding myself irrationally exhuberent about the future of GT baseball. This is part of it.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
HEY! NOW we're getting location info too. :)

Oooohhh, those stats give me goosebumps.

Which Fr pitcher? My guess is Zach Maxwell (who was drafted by Yankees). Or it may be a rFr though less likely.

Is 6'9" extension distance from rubber where ball is released? I'll need to read these during the FB game today .. great videos of release and spin on FB, curve, slider, etc ... chores first ..... one quote that jumped out:
"ARE PITCHERS WITH HIGHER SPIN RATES MORE LIKELY TO BE INJURED?
No, not that we can tell.
Though there is a growing belief that drastic changes in spin rate (usually sharp decreases) can be a sign of an injury or pending injury."
https://www.drivelinebaseball.com/2016/11/spin-rate-what-we-know-now/
https://www.drivelinebaseball.com/2016/11/spin-rate-part-ii-spin-axis-useful-spin/

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Oooohhh, those stats give me goosebumps.

Which Fr pitcher? My guess is Zach Maxwell (who was drafted by Yankees). Or it may be a rFr though less likely.

Is 6'9" extension distance from rubber where ball is released? I'll need to read these during the FB game today .. great videos of release and spin on FB, curve, slider, etc ... chores first ..... one quote that jumped out:
"ARE PITCHERS WITH HIGHER SPIN RATES MORE LIKELY TO BE INJURED?
No, not that we can tell.
Though there is a growing belief that drastic changes in spin rate (usually sharp decreases) can be a sign of an injury or pending injury."
https://www.drivelinebaseball.com/2016/11/spin-rate-what-we-know-now/
https://www.drivelinebaseball.com/2016/11/spin-rate-part-ii-spin-axis-useful-spin/
Yeah extension measures home much closer to home plate the release point happens compared to the rubber.