1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Fake News

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by Whiskey_Clear, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technut1990

Technut1990 Helluva Engineer

[​IMG]

Ill just put this here. Paul Ossman from 46 News has filed a suit after his termination, for discrimination. This is a whiteboard on which the morning host would write notes to each other during the show. The host are a black female and white male liberal. Apparently "Kellogg" refers to old white conservative cracker. and POS stands for POS. White Dog was also used to to refer to old white conservatives. White Dog and Kellogg were written by the black female.

Wonder if this will piss Wreck off ? The black reporter still has her job -- referred questions to her attorney.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtal...iminatory-termination/r7Hz7bSKoafKhoysC5SZLP/

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  2. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Reported for posting vile racist language.

3. Technut1990

Technut1990 Helluva Engineer

No reporting ! we should encourage FREE SPEECH

4. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

Overall I thought it was a good post and agree with most. I already suspect that you know this is a dramatic oversimplification.
    From my perspective , the cause is whatever folks were fighting for in 1860, you may be looking at it differently.
    In the decades leading up to that war the mostly northern controlled congress passed taxes on imported manufactured goods and taxes on exported agricultural products (includes cotton) . This was mostly paid by the south for the economic benefit of the north. "Economic oppression" was the biggest reason why southerners were fighting (states rights is lumped in) . Yea some were fighting for "home turf" and the planter class (the 1% elites who owned most of the land and politicians) wanted to defend slavery. Most of the north was fighting to end slavery and their population was larger so you could argue "most" but it's still an over-simplification. WE should all be proud of our ancestors who fought in wars for our country (Confederate, union or other wars).
    Confederate Memorial Day is about heritage not hate. Our President was right when he forecast that radical progressives would soon be denigrating our founding fathers. If we try to ease history we can't learn from the mistakes.

TechPreacher likes this.
  5. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

Now that one I can't even read between the lines and figure out. WTH did he say that led to that?

6. Supersizethatorder-mutt

That is essentially what I posted a few pages back. I didn't get any response one way or another to it.

7. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

Most people probably realize that it was a complex issue. I'd rather let California secede than fight another civil war ....

8. Supersizethatorder-mutt

WOW

9. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Most people may "realize" it, but most people don't admit it in public. They choose rather to say the war was only about slavery.

TechPreacher and GT_EE78 like this.
  10. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

He posted a picture of a older man wearing a red T-Shirt with a slogan on in. (It was a not so clever attempt of calling you a racist......which I am sure your good friend would be surprised about:cautious:)

11. Supersizethatorder-mutt

He should meet my good friend, who BTW is a Trump supporter.

12. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

Lots of people should. He might be able to teach a few people some manners......since he has loads to spare. ;)

13. Supersizethatorder-mutt

You only met him once and realize that. He is indeed a special young man, black or white.

Animal02 likes this.
  14. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Its what happens when people spew vile insults at others on here and the only ramification is the post gets deleted. It tacitly encourages even more, cuz to them, why not?

Animal02 likes this.
  15. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

The Foolish Foursome should watch this and denounce these Dems for spewing racist hate. :ROFLMAO:

Technut1990, TechPreacher and bwelbo like this.
  16. Supersizethatorder-mutt

How soon the WILLFULLY forget.

Technut1990 and TechPreacher like this.
  17. GTBandman

GTBandman Ramblin' Wreck

Is it racist to say to liberal Yankees or California transplants "Delta is ready when you are" when they complain about conservative Georgia actions on issues like heartbeat abortion bill?

18. WreckinGT

WreckinGT Helluva Engineer

I wasn’t calling supersize racist at all. I was just mocking the ridiculous notion that there are more racist black people in this country than white people.

19. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

On a percentage basis or aggregate?

20. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.