1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Fake News

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by Whiskey_Clear, Mar 8, 2018.

1. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

What I was posting about though is not even that. For example they said that Trump declared ISIS defeated and that the intelligence services disputed that. Then when you listen to the quotes of what each side said, they are essentially the same thing. Trump said they have made tremendous progress on ISIS in Syria and are defeated. The Intelligence people said they are “down but not out” and are active in many other regions and can regroup in Syria if we don’t stay on them. Those are not opposing views.

On North Korea, they quoted Trump as saying that North Korea is no longer testing nuclear missiles. Then they quoted the intelligence folks as saying that they believe in North Korea never intends to abandon its nuclear program. Again, those are not opposing views.

And it went on and on. Sad.

2. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

How much longer until actor Jussie Smollett joins the dustbin of all those other fake Trump supporter racist bigot attack stories?

3. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Well good job on the world news, reporting tonight that his report was probably fake. Unfortunately no mention that he blamed Trump supporters who shouted racist bigoted insults at him and MAGA stuff. So I’m not holding my breath that any news outlet retracts their reports. I’m also not holding my breath that any of the celebrities take back all their vitriol.

4. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

I know nothing about anyone or anything involving this and I’m doubtful it’s worth looking up. I’m afraid if I expose myself to too much liberal stupidity it might start rubbing off on me.

5. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

This rather unrecognizable guy said at 2am a couple guys beat him up, yelled racial homophobic slurs at him (he’s black and gay) poured bleach on him, tied a noose around him, and told him it was MAGA country. It was downtown Chicago. Now why would 2 guys be carrying all that stuff around and targeting him and know all that...again an unrecognizable dude. His manager says he was on the phone with him and heard the attack. Everything sounded just like all those other fake MAGA attacks.

Now we learn none of the security cameras show any attack, he won’t turn his phone over to the police, and videos show him entering the building after the attack, walk right by security guards and not say anything.

When he reported the attack, it was all over everywhere and you can imagine the leftist antiMAGA vitriol.

Now crickets everywhere.

Sad.

6. WreckinGT

WreckinGT Helluva Engineer

You get way too wrapped up in completely meaningless stories.

7. Whiskey_Clear

And you don’t care nearly enough about real physical assaults by Antifa that cause violent harm like the bike lock moron.

You are just a lefty troll.

8. WreckinGT

Is this turning into one of those conversations where idiots like you are going to try and convince me that no Conservative has ever assaulted anyone and every Liberal assaults multiple people a day?

9. Whiskey_Clear

No. That’s another falsehood. Which you use like a champ continuously. I and everyone else here denounce acts of violence by extremists on both sides. You are the one who has previously defended or downplayed Antifa violence.

10. WreckinGT

Antifa isn’t even a real organization. If you want me to denounce them then sure, I denounce them. Whoever they are. Personally, I don’t really care what or who a person claims to associate themselves with. Violence isn’t ok for conservatives or liberals, and trying to turn random violent acts into political arguments is something a child would do.

11. Whiskey_Clear

Stop doing it in your anti gun rants then.

bwelbo likes this.
  12. WreckinGT

Im not anti gun, I just think we could do a little more with gun control. Conservatives in their typical hyperbole think tank, think any form of gun control equals removing the 2nd amendment because there obviously isn't any room for improvement other than that.

13. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Because 'gun control' in left parlance means outlawing all the guns people buy (semi-automatics). They'll say 'ban assault weapons', but that's what an assault weapon is - a semiautomatic gun. And that's what the vast majority of people buy for personal use. If you have to stop and reload after every shot and can't fire every time you pull the trigger, there is no point in that gun for self defense. If there were any reasonable 'gun control' that would have prevented any of these shootings, it would have been passed a long time ago.

People generally are against new laws that would have no discernible affect on shootings when we're already not enforcing tons of laws that WOULD have prevented shootings, if law enforcement had just done their job.

14. Whiskey_Clear

Pretty much. Any weapons available to law enforcement should be available to the general public.

Conservatives have learned the hard way not to trust gun grabbing liberal politicians because their finish line is constantly moving and will continue to until all weapons are banned. There is a clear track record.

15. WreckinGT

I agree with you which is why I am proposing, and I think you will agree, that we need to legalize nuclear weapons for personal and recreational use. If our military can use them, why can't we?

16. WreckinGT

So, do nothing and hope for the best. Got it. We can continue to wonder why we are the only civilized country where mass shootings happen so frequently.

17. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

That’s literally the opposite of what I said.

18. WreckinGT

The attitude of "If there were any reasonable 'gun control' that would have prevented any of these shootings, it would have been passed a long time ago" leads me to believe that you have given up and aren't interested in any attempts for improvement. If I read that wrong then my apologies.

19. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

No need to apologize, just go read what I wrote about existing laws and law enforcement.

20. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

Throw the judges out of office that won’t incarcerate criminals & you’ll have less criminal behavior. What a concept!