1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Fake News

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by Whiskey_Clear, Mar 8, 2018.

1. WreckinGT

WreckinGT Helluva Engineer

I gave my response to that question and you didn't like the answer. Im not going to keep giving answers in some effort to make you agree. We both know that is literally impossible. When you have two sides who have chosen to disagree about everything, subjective terms like bigotry, rational, and reasonable mean nothing. You have your opinion, I have mine.

2. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

You ignored any debate on the policy itself. Your response was I think the Maniac “is an angel” and therefore the topic is not up for debate. I was not surprised.

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  3. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

If any are hoarding wealth please understand that it is their own wealth they are hoarding. Yes they earned it. Earn your own if you want more wealth for yourself.

Commie logic....”The rich have wealth.....we have the strength to take it...so let us do so. They will thank us later....or should...if they resist....Wait, we already confiscated their weapons right? Okay good, please proceed.”

4. Whiskey_Clear

Point out the fake news. I’m playing your game now. If you can’t they didn’t exist. Have at it!

(But I know you are too cowardly and too much of a sluggard to try)

5. WreckinGT

Claiming that journalists are liars and are enemies of the people is not real news. Alex Jones personal crusade against the victims of Sandy Hook wasn't real news. Threatening the life and family of a woman just because you desperately want to not believe her isn't real news. People make up their own realities to incite hatred and violence. Conservatives are some of the best at it.

6. LibertyTurns

Good move. Stick with a subject that is subjective and you have a chance. Bravo!

7. WreckinGT

Almost as good as your move of posting nonsense and trying to pass it off as rational and reasonable thought. You are a moron. If you would like to debate a real topic, then educate yourself and we will talk. In the mean time, post some more irrelevant nonsense to validate your leader some more and we will all continue to ignore it.

8. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

This is the most sense you’ve made in a long time, but it’s an indictment of the mental state and self control of people on the left. You say it’s conservatives fault liberals are full of hate and violence because we incited it? Well, that does make sense because Trump has made the left go insane, but man - you’ve got to have more self control.

9. LibertyTurns

I’m sorry you’re having a tough time. Maybe we can try arithmetic?

1+2= ?

A. 4
    B. 3
    C. 5
    D. 2

10. WreckinGT

I’m not interested in trying to figure out how many brain cells you have.

11. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Nope. Can’t answer that either. Give up and move on.

12. Whiskey_Clear

Right...so no fake news led up to any of those things. Thanks for admitting it in a roundabout way.

I also agree CNN = Alex Jones. Guess we agree on more than I had thought. ;)

13. LibertyTurns

It’s core of the divide between Liberals and Conservatives. One side wants to discuss feelings & emotions, the other side fact. With the explosion of access to information, the ability for the uninformed to hide has shrunk to a level their grip on power is threatened & I think that’s why we see the activity we do.

14. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

Depends upon what you intend to accomplish

Yes the answer should be obvious.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  15. WreckinGT

You literally refuse to argue anything related to fact, you just post nonsense and claim you are right beyond a shadow of a doubt because in your opinion you are supposedly rational and reasonable. I will give you credit though, it is quite the talent to say so much without really saying anything at all. You may be well suited for politics. With the ignorance you have shown and the current standards of the office, President may be a good position for you.

16. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

It’s hilarious that you of all people are saying this. You make assertions all the time like “conservatives advocate for bigoted social policies”, but then when we ask for an example, you refuse to respond. There is a lot of snark on both sides on this site, but you certainly don’t have any room to complain about discussing facts of any topic.

17. LibertyTurns

You picked the topic regarding the bigoted policy. I delineated the policy in the simplest terms I could. It contained zero bigoted/racist elements. I’m sorry if you’re incapable of understanding issues beyond the stupid media provided rhetoric. Perhaps you can enlist some help and take another shot at it?

18. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Wow. On the nightly news last night and again this morning, the major topic was how all the intel agencies contradicted and “rebuked” the President on North Korea, ISIS, Russia, and more. Then when they went into more detail, none of that was actually true. And they wonder why many people consider the media the enemy of the people. Despicable.

19. Whiskey_Clear

It isn’t actually fair to call them the enemy of the people though. Just the enemy to the truth, facts, and the people who expect journalism to strive toward reporting on both.

Many people prefer the skewed facts and propaganda of mainstream media however and would never consider them the enemy.

20. LibertyTurns

What many don’t understand is National Intelligence is not cut & dry nor like an on/off switch. In my experience it was extremely common to have 2 exceptional analysts sitting side by side having opinions/assessments/ analysis that was diametrically opposed to each other. Each would likely have superb substantiation of their positions. If this was an exact science we could put monkeys in charge of it and have them mash buttons and wait for the system to generate a result.

Of course the above being the case, a leader/decision maker/ politician / journalist, etc would obviously use the report that promoted their decision or agenda.

Where I get dismayed is when there are clear facts that have refuted dissenting opinions and people are so dogmatic or entrenched in their personal philosophies they refuse to take the blinders off. Maybe they just have to be right all the time, maybe they hate the opposition so bad they suppress or mislead, etc. It’s all the same wrongful behavior and of people would be more educated on the issues those people would not be enjoying the freedom of misinformation they enjoy today.