Fake News

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by Whiskey_Clear, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...otching-story-attacking-trump-s-tax-plan.html

There is a CNN thread but I think putting fake news from other media in that thread wouldn’t be fair to CNN. So we can use this thread to properly attribute fake news / propaganda to the appropriate sources.

This one goes out to the “gray lady.”

I truly don’t understand how anyone can trust the NYT to report facts accurately.

2. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

So which do I reply to? LOL.

The only thing that surprises me about that and the NYT is that they didn't call her Felatio instead of Felicity.

I find it humorous they picked a hypothetical couple who earns nearly 4 times the median wage - whatever helps them show the largest tax increase I guess. Didn't work out so well.

There is a parallel thread to this that many news outlets are running, which basically says the tax plan isn't helping workers but instead is going to shareholders. Here is one sample article which says employees are only benefiting from 15% of the total pie:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/ar...w-where-those-corporate-tax-savings-are-going

Its basically fake news. Employee wages/benefits is 15%. But the Investments piece is 20%, which directly affects employees of their own company and others through new hires and so on. 5% is going to philanthropy, which again, directly helps PEOPLE. So we're already up to 40%. Then comes the shareholder part, which is 60%. That is PEOPLE. Its individuals, its pensions, its retirement plans. PEOPLE. And of course the biggest reason this is FAKE NEWS is that every employee also gets a federal income tax cut whether their employee gives them a raise or not.

Its just sad really how pitiful journalism is.

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  3. Whiskey_Clear

There is little journalism today....mostly propagandism.

bwelbo likes this.
  4. Whiskey_Clear

bwelbo likes this.
  5. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

The latest fake news from today is that Trump is on record as saying he made up facts to tell Canada's Trudeau that the US has a trade deficit with them. The Today Show on NBC today said he knew that was false and said it anyway. So I looked it up and that's pretty much the story in a bunch of places.

So I kept looking, and here is the real news. He wasn't admitting to lying. He was calling us stupid because we (government) don't even know our own data. We advertise in our Trade Office that we have a trade surplus with Canada...but only if you exclude energy and timber. Why exclude those? Who knows. If you include those things, we have a $17B trade deficit with Canada.

So the stupid thing here is that once again:
    1) The news media incorrectly reports the context and point to the story.
    2) The news media incorrectly reports the basic facts in the story in the first place.

6. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

On the Today Show this morning, they speculated that the bomber in Austin may be a racist or not want to pay his taxes. What is wrong with the media? What a bunch of idiots.

7. Whiskey_Clear

It’s way, way too early for the media to start speculating on motive. I haven’t even heard of any known links or similarities between victims yet.

But if you want to assume based on prior incidents, it’s probably a crazy white male. Most bombings are. Boston Marathon being the only exception I can think of off the top of my head.

bwelbo likes this.
  8. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

The victims have been the young and the old, the black and the white. Nothing at all to surmise that it was a Trump supporter.

9. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

To be fair, I believe the Sheriff in Austin started that speculation because until this morning all the victims had been black or Hispanic (according to him).

10. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

I stand corrected, I thought there were injured/killed that were not black, but I see where the media is reporting that all victims were black or hispanic.

11. Whiskey_Clear

Whoever it is needs to fry.

12. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Reminds me of the two guys who drove around shooting people out of the trunk of their car in the DC area (John Allen Muhammad, Lee Boyd Malvo) - pure evil. Evil people are often so calculating. Trip wires???

13. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

I stand corrected for being corrected - the last victims from the trip wire were white.

14. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Good old Geraldo Rivera - just said the bomber could be someone who hates that Austin is a sanctuary city. What is wrong with these people?

15. Whiskey_Clear

Meh....it’s as plausible as any other theory. No one knows yet unless police are withholding info.

16. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

But there is zero proof for that. If you don't like that its a sanctuary city, what does killing non-Hispanic American Citizens do? That would make no sense. We have just as much evidence that Donald Trump is the bomber.

17. Whiskey_Clear

I’m not saying I agree with him. But everyone is speculating different theories so I won’t hate on Mr. “Capone’s vault” for his.

It’s hard to guess at a sick crazy Fs motives in reference to the heinous acts they commit. Crimes of passion yeah. This kinda crap though? Gotta wait for clues to emerge otherwise the speculation is a waste of time.

18. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Well a shock to me - looks like it was a Millennial. I would have put good money on a 40-50 year old white male, ex-military or something. It will be interesting to learn this guy's background to see how he learned how to make these bombs and why.

19. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

The 24 year old saved the tax payers a lot of money.
    I hope that they never mention his name in the media. Always call him the 2018 Austin Bomber, never mention his name.

bwelbo likes this.
  20. Whiskey_Clear

How to : Google / Utube
    Why?: ........I don’t really care