Fair catching punts

albanyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Stewart fair caught a punt at his own 10 yard line. Why? It's not just him, either, I see others do it too. Surely teams have a rule about when to catch and when to let it go.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Which brings us to the question of the week: who's going to return punts? Brad and JJ are both doubtful for that in a big away game; they're both recovering from injuries. So who do we use?

If it wasn't for the risk of injury, I'd say Clint Lynch, but we sure don't want to risk losing him. Cottrell has been returning KOs and doing alright, but he hasn't fielded a punt yet this season. I'd think about MLD myself. He has sure hands - he's at WR for a reason - and he's easy big enough to stand the punishment.

Glad they pay Coach to make these decisions.

Which brings us to the question of the week: who's going to return punts? Brad and JJ are both doubtful for that in a big away game; they're both recovering from injuries. So who do we use?

If it wasn't for the risk of injury, I'd say Clint Lynch, but we sure don't want to risk losing him. Cottrell has been returning KOs and doing alright, but he hasn't fielded a punt yet this season. I'd think about MLD myself. He has sure hands - he's at WR for a reason - and he's easy big enough to stand the punishment.

Glad they pay Coach to make these decisions.
I think Johnson said MLD