Ezzard

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I don't know how this will play out. I do know Ezzard seems optimistic and I would imagine that he is being advised on the matter. I think it would be BS if he couldn't play after Diaz was able to leave, take another job and then come back a week later. I also read where Diaz said it was a mutual decision, making it sound like he didn't have a spot for him. That would make it extra wrong to make Ezzard sit.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I’m pretty sure it’s been discussed that this no longer exists anymore after the new transfers model was introduced

That would be incorrect. The ACC still has the transfer rules in place. Ken even mentioned it in his article on Ezzard's transfer.

"By ACC rules, Ezzard would have to sit out a season at Tech and lose a season of eligibility, as he is transferring within the conference."

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...om-miami-georgia-tech/xz5n3qS1B1gOj4IrA1cWsJ/

That would be incorrect. The ACC still has the transfer rules in place. Ken even mentioned it in his article on Ezzard's transfer.

"By ACC rules, Ezzard would have to sit out a season at Tech and lose a season of eligibility, as he is transferring within the conference."

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...om-miami-georgia-tech/xz5n3qS1B1gOj4IrA1cWsJ/
I sure hope that's negotiable, although since it's Tech, it probably isn't. Sucks that he would actually have to lose a season of eligibility.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer

If the NCAA gives Ezzard the waiver he will play. I don’t need you to tweet me any articles either, the ACC isn’t gonna do the opposite of the NCAA.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If the NCAA gives Ezzard the waiver he will play. I don’t need you to tweet me any articles either, the ACC isn’t gonna do the opposite of the NCAA.
... but they can if they choose to do so.
Not saying that it's the right thing to do.
Not saying that they will.
Just saying that under the rules for the conference they can.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

You must not be familiar with the same ACC that has continually found ways to give GT the shaft throughout the years...

That being said, the LAST time we had an intra-conference transfer, back in 2013, the NCAA AND the ACC cleared him to play right away. (Nick Brigham)

But that was in 2013, and the ACC was pretty pissed at Maryland at the time for bailing on us, so they may have been giving the Terps the shaft...

Don't get me wrong, I hope he plays next year, and there's a chance he might. But my biggest question is why haven't we heard anything yet? Do we even know if we've approached the NCAA/ACC for a waiver? Everyone is getting quick answers but we haven't heard a thing.