Expectations for the 2021 season

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Or maybe with the number 1 run game just line up in the bone and never let the other team have the ball.....
1627308412099.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Actually, I think the average team gets athletically better every year. Today's average team has far superior athletes and measurable athletic performance over those 10-20 years ago. So people focused on their own team and the studs they have are probably correct that the measurable athletic talent is better year over year.

Now in the great reckoning of W/L, that has to stay the same as the number of ties is inconsequential. I am cautiously optimistic we are "better" than last year and win 4, maybe 5 games. Any more with our SoS would be a fantastic improvement.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Actually, I think the average team gets athletically better every year. Today's average team has far superior athletes and measurable athletic performance over those 10-20 years ago. So people focused on their own team and the studs they have are probably correct that the measurable athletic talent is better year over year.

Now in the great reckoning of W/L, that has to stay the same as the number of ties is inconsequential. I am cautiously optimistic we are "better" than last year and win 4, maybe 5 games. Any more with our SoS would be a fantastic improvement.
3 ACC wins is the same as last year.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If we win our 2 OOC games and only win 2 ACC games then we are still not moving forward. Changes need to happen. HC is safe for now. Can he be a big boy and make those hard decisions. I really hope we are much improved and can win at least 4 conference games. An upset against one of the top tier teams would show the staff has gotten their act together. We can get to 6 wins. The experience is there now. We have to improve in the DL. The OL should be better. Sims can take this team higher than expected. Need to keep him confident and healthy.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
If we win our 2 OOC games and only win 2 ACC games then we are still not moving forward. Changes need to happen. HC is safe for now. Can he be a big boy and make those hard decisions. I really hope we are much improved and can win at least 4 conference games. An upset against one of the top tier teams would show the staff has gotten their act together. We can get to 6 wins. The experience is there now. We have to improve in the DL. The OL should be better. Sims can take this team higher than expected. Need to keep him confident and healthy.
And will there be money to hire upgrades at OC or DC?

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Since Collins has a very strong defensive background, I am wondering if he should be calling defensive schemes? There are a number of head coaches which call offensive plays. Why can't Collins call defensive plays and leverage his experience while he breaks in a relatively inexpensive Defensive Coordinator?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
And will there be money to hire upgrades at OC or DC?
Probably not. if it happens, It will be ceremonial and superficial to appease the masses. CCG did it with OC's, CPJ did it with his DC's. I am expecting a significant step forward so all but the most cynical Romans won't be calling for any sacrifial slaves or Christians to be thrown to the lions.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Just watched Wes and Roddy. Obviously our fans are the only people on Earth to
predict anything over 3.3 wins!
I actually think Wes suggested that the only way to make our schedule tougher would be to add the 72 Dolphins and the 85 Bears.

Scubapro

Banned
Probably not. if it happens, It will be ceremonial and superficial to appease the masses. CCG did it with OC's, CPJ did it with his DC's. I am expecting a significant step forward so all but the most cynical Romans won't be calling for any sacrifial slaves or Christians to be thrown to the lions.
Chan kept Nix until the end.
I thought the GTAA just raised an excess of money for the new Edge Center. I am sure the GTAA has leeway on how to spend the incremental overage.
However, its probably going toward servicing the ton of debt that DRad & NoBrainer brought us.

Scubapro

Banned
Since Collins has a very strong defensive background, I am wondering if he should be calling defensive schemes? There are a number of head coaches which call offensive plays. Why can't Collins call defensive plays and leverage his experience while he breaks in a relatively inexpensive Defensive Coordinator?
He should spend more time on the defense. However, I think we will see some real improvement on that side of the ball. The offense...not so much.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Doesn’t make much difference until you have the players you need and they can actually play together for more than a couple of games. We should be better this year with some continuity and upgrades in talent/experience.

Deleted member 2897

I do not know what the OC and DC contracts are but maybe we should not have signed a 7 year deal for a fairly untested and unproven HC. Maybe 4 with a 1 year right.

You won't be able to hire someone to come into a triple option team, have them need to rework the entire roster, and only offer a 4 year contract.

Basketball is a much easier sport to turnaround if you need to implement different schemes or approaches. When Josh Pastner was hired, the consensus was that he may not win a single game in ACC play in year 1, and maybe only 3 games in year 2. Sound familiar? He was offered a 6 year contract.