Ex Baylor DC Says Former Head Coach Art Briles Deserves To Coach Again

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
“I said, ‘We are bringing these kids in and we take great pride in keeping them within the lines of university procedures. That’s our jobs. We are not getting the normal student.’ I wanted to be as real as I could with them. We are trying to teach these kids how to be in college and how to react in situations. She says, ‘Judicial Affairs should have known.’ As soon as she said that, I knew this was over.”

He said that the players at Baylor were not normal students and basically that they had to teach them how to act civilly. Add to that the fact that Briles brought in a player who's former coach told him had raped a female student at his previous school and it appears by his own words that neither he nor Briles should be involved in college football.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
He said that the players at Baylor were not normal students and basically that they had to teach them how to act civilly. Add to that the fact that Briles brought in a player who's former coach told him had raped a female student at his previous school and it appears by his own words that neither he nor Briles should be involved in college football.
Yeah Bennett pretty much described the Baylor players as being like untrained animals:rolleyes:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Briles best bet is to become a consultant. The guy is an offensive genius....his schemes are being used at every level of football. By being a consultant, teams can have him come in and help out, but technically keep him off the books in terms of officially being associated with him.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Briles best bet is to become a consultant. The guy is an offensive genius....his schemes are being used at every level of football. By being a consultant, teams can have him come in and help out, but technically keep him off the books in terms of officially being associated with him.

Nah. He's radioactive now. There's no way to engage him without people finding out ... then you're poison. He's not 'genius' enough for any reputable coach to risk their reputation in dealing with him.