Everybody wants to hold the baby. Nobody wants to go through labor.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, when I made that comment about “We have all experienced that”, meaning the GT shaft, it’s all encompassing. From athletics (purpose of this forum) to everything else. I have a child currently a GT student. It’s funny to read the parent group Facebook pages, etc. My wife and I both GT alum have been dealing with GT’s lack of business acumen since 1988 so nothing surprises us. But it’s hilarious watching new parents and students asking the same valid questions that are still issues decades later. The entire school is just run poorly. I could give example after example from just my child. Just one, we signed up for a student parking pass for Peters immediately after acceptance. We had the receipt and confirmation email. We show up on moving day and the pass encoded on the student ID card was for another lot. We all just laughed and told our kid, good luck resolving that. My wife was already stressed cause it was moving day, but even she knew to just relax and expect stupidity from GT. My child resolved it that same day with the explanation that “we don’t know what happened”. And the key to his dorm room didn’t work either so he had to track down the maintenance guy and get a spare. All that was day 1. We won’t even discuss the screwups on meal plans, class scheduling, and the craziness of chow halls closing at random times with no forewarning. Regarding the athletics, it all starts with the attitude of the school. And we all know the attitude to athletics is indifference. No way we can compete with bigger schools with more alumni and more money who also all pull in the same direction.
You should have been around during manual registration. It was the most barbaric system one could even imagine. Pure stupidity but back then they were doing you a favor just letting you be a student and that was during Vietnam when if you fell behind in hours, you got drafted.

slugboy

Staff member
You should have been around during manual registration. It was the most barbaric system one could even imagine. Pure stupidity but back then they were doing you a favor just letting you be a student and that was during Vietnam when if you fell behind in hours, you got drafted.
We should have opposing teams go through manual registration to play us.

“There wasn’t space for your starting QB to play QB. He’ll have to play right tackle, instead”.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
yep, and trying to keep away from the dreaded Saturday am classes.All goes to the trauma of "getting out".

LibertyTurns

Banned
"how things work". Btw, Harvard's Business School has a very high acceptance rate for GT grads...I know.
I went to the left coast & yes you’re absolutely correct. Law school admissions are similarly high along with Med School. You gotta get the “Engineer” out of the Engineer though but if you can you got an extremely powerful combination.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
We should have opposing teams go through manual registration to play us.

“There wasn’t space for your starting QB to play QB. He’ll have to play right tackle, instead”.
But if you still want to play QB you will need to talk to the academic dean, but first you’ll have to walk across campus to see the Bursar. But if you are not back by kickoff you’ll have to either start the process over or wait until half time for the drop/add period.