Every Offensive play vs. Tennessee and JSU

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I need to retract my statement from an earlier thread after the TN game about us not running any true triple option plays. Plays 4, 5, and 6 against TN were triple options. I must've forgotten. I think CPJ adjusted to how the DL was playing a yard off the line and began to run a lot of traps, belly, and QB follows. Makes me feel better about TM's ability to make 3O reads. I love these videos, by the way.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I need to retract my statement from an earlier thread after the TN game about us not running any true triple option plays. Plays 4, 5, and 6 against TN were triple options. I must've forgotten. I think CPJ adjusted to how the DL was playing a yard off the line and began to run a lot of traps, belly, and QB follows. Makes me feel better about TM's ability to make 3O reads. I love these videos, by the way.

You didn't trust me when I said we ran some veer? smh Trust me brother.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
You didn't trust me when I said we ran some veer? smh Trust me brother.

lol I can usually tell what we're running but I think the first series for me still involved a lot of "go to bed!" and "I've already told you four bedtime stories!" When I went back through the game afterwards, I coulda swore all the veer looks were predetermined gives and keeps.

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
Is there a distinction between the two plays with the description "belly" and "trap"?

/

I think the first belly play was mislabeled in his video, but in general it should be backside (trap) vs playside (belly) guard pulling that's the main difference you'll see. You'll also notice twirl vs delay pivot motion of the QB. Because of QB motion facing away from line of scrimmage neither has a mesh read.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The 2 min drill to set up the FG that should've won the god damn game was beautiful.
I love what I saw in TM. The way he runs the midline and follow and will dive forward for 2/3 yards after contact is something we haven't had since Joshua Nesbit.
Another thing. As I was waiting in the airport in Aruba today I happened to sit next to a Dawg fan. He absolutely loves the way our O looks this year. He said he's not sure Kirby will be auto stop it.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
lol I can usually tell what we're running but I think the first series for me still involved a lot of "go to bed!" and "I've already told you four bedtime stories!" When I went back through the game afterwards, I coulda swore all the veer looks were predetermined gives and keeps.

Don't feel bad. At the game I had the same impression!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I can't figure out whether or not I should 'like' this for putting 'drink' ahead of 'win'...

...DFW...er, uh...WDF...no it's DWF...or is it WFD?

Obviously, I started with the 'D' part...twice...;)

Finally some won got it !
In a great handle the order of the three essential variables does not affect the sum.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
He posted every offensive play against Pitt today

I believe someone at the game asked on here if play #3 (benson first fumble) was obvious on TV how much space he had in front of him? yeah

https://i.imgur.com/VW8V9JO.png
39fd0585-15ce-9746-8473-6b053ed4ecbd