Ever Changing Perspective, Week by week

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
I have now concluded that we will get to a Regional, NOT as host but as a #2, and go out with either a 2-2 or 1-2 record. Our pitching is simply not deep enough to get us any further. The 2-2 is if we caveman our win to one of those wins.

The Fire Danny Hall chants will grow ever stronger with this type of ending.

Let's all hope I am all wet and completely wrong.
Very much agree with this expectation - we can't do any better this year unless we experience a pitching miracle with more than two of our >6.5 ERA pitchers...

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I have now concluded that we will get to a Regional, NOT as host but as a #2, and go out with either a 2-2 or 1-2 record. Our pitching is simply not deep enough to get us any further. The 2-2 is if we caveman our win to one of those wins.

The Fire Danny Hall chants will grow ever stronger with this type of ending.

Let's all hope I am all wet and completely wrong.
Very much agree with this expectation - we can't do any better this year unless we experience a pitching miracle with more than two of our >6.5 ERA pitchers...
Agree with the above but if we get paired up against the #1 team in the country I'm not sure how anyone would reasonably expect we'd make it out of the regionals. We've had one of the hardest schedules in the country & that's gonna be rewarded with the toughest regional to get out of.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree with the above but if we get paired up against the #1 team in the country I'm not sure how anyone would reasonably expect we'd make it out of the regionals. We've had one of the hardest schedules in the country & that's gonna be rewarded with the toughest regional to get out of.
I think that projection is BS. No way they seed us #32 unless our next 3 weeks are rubbish. Right now, I would expect us to go to #8-12's regional. There's no SEC team in that area right now, but this will move a lot in the next 3 weeks.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good discussion about how the NCAA seeding compare to RPI over recent years. Bottom line, at 18 RPI this morning we are good shape to host if we finish string and get it up just a bit.

Ironically, I think the premise can be turned around. What D1 does is start from the premise that their rankings are right and the RPI is wrong. But the committee more seems to take the opposing view, the RPIs are right unless proven wrong.

Once again, I am glad I don't have to do rankings as someone is always legitimately pissed and I'm glad my job doesn't rely on the performance of 18 to 22 year old college athletes.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Week 9 perspective

Perspective: we did what we were supposed to do the last two weekends, so give ā€˜em some credit. Still, we wonā€™t go far in any postseason given our current play.

Expectations: Another series win next weekend. Finish above middle of the pack in ACC. Make the field of 64. Lose in a regional.
Week 12 Perspective

Perspective: Really hasn't changed that much recently. As some one mentioned previously, we are to the point in the season that we are who our performance to date says we are. We are a team that is capable of beating anyone on a given day (caveman baseball, anyone?), but not consistent enough with our pitching and fielding to be able to "expect" to win consistently, even against inferior teams.

Expectations: I dont think we will make it out of the pool games in the ACC tournament. I think we will make the field of 64, not as a host, and lose in a regional. Hope we do better, but am not going to set any expectations on it.