Evan Cole to Transfer

Deleted member 2897

Same with Asanti Price's list of schools - you see this with a lot of our football players that transfer too. They rarely go to a tier 1 school. Rather, as this is probably their last time to ever competitively play their favorite sport, its often their #1 priority over and above every other consideration.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
40 minutes from a direct flight home and plenty of good skiing with a chance to start and put up some numbers for a former NBA player.

Seems like a solid way to spend a year.

Kid's already banked a MGT degree from GT. Go have some fun while your young and can enjoy it.

@ChasonBaller

ETA: Article I haven't read yet.

Utah is absolutely gorgeous (as are their women, BTW), but given the choices he reportedly had, definitely in the "things that make you go hmmm" category...

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Utah is absolutely gorgeous (as are their women, BTW), but given the choices he reportedly had, definitely in the "things that make you go hmmm" category...

He's going to play for a coach that's a former NBA champion. Also, gotta wonder if Rev put in a good word for a fellow Stanford grad.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

IMO he choose a place he thought he reliably could play something more than a role player.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
IMO he choose a place he thought he reliably could play something more than a role player.

That's my interpretation of his choice as well.

Obviously we are all aware of GT's situation better than the other places, it would have been hard to convince me that Evan wasn't a part time starter here, and even if he didn't start, he would have gotten 25-30+ minutes a game anyhow given our only other post players are true freshmen.

Good luck to Evan. Was a good representative for GT while here. I've been to Utah for some hiking trips, and that place is just breathtaking. Hope he enjoys it out there.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Best wishes to #ColeBlooded.

I feel like he was just coming into his own. The Wolverines will benefit from his presence. The real question here is @ChasonBaller gonna defect over to GoUVUSwarm.com or whatever their site is. :watching:

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Hey man, tip of the hat to Evan and I hope it all works out for him the way he wants it to. I will miss seeing him light up and cut but he made the choice to take his talents else where. I can respect it.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Why transfer for one year unless you are pretty sure you will be a starter. He just wants more minutes and this is a spot he should be able to do that. Best of luck to a fellow Jacket.

yjfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Wish he was back, but can’t blame a guy for wanting to play.
I can see him putting up a good stat line
12/8
Maybe more?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It’ll be ironic if we go to the NCAA next year and have the kind of season he’s missed since he’s been here.

Will it be ironic if he puts up nice numbers and gets a shot at a decent pro contract overseas?

slugboy

Staff member
Will it be ironic if he puts up nice numbers and gets a shot at a decent pro contract overseas?
Nah, that would be good for him, though.
I think the way things are working out, he might have had more playing time and better numbers next year than this past year.