European Soccer

Milwaukee

Banned
Any soccer fans? Figured we can have a random thread to discuss if there's any interest. I don't follow MLS and don't know much about it; but English Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, and Ligue 1 I'm pretty in tune with.

Yesterday was one of the more entertaining days of the season with drama all over.

Liverpool vs Everton (Merseyside Derby) being played today along with Napoli vs Juventus. Liverpool goes back to top spot with a win today.

Milwaukee

Banned
Thank goodness Euro soccer starts back up today after the international break. Huge implications this weekend.

English Premier League title race is great this year. ManCity has a snoozer today but Liverpool (chasing) has Tottenham tomorrow to stay even with ManCity and Tottenham has to win to stay in Top 4 for Champions League. The Top 4 battle is going to come down to the wire as well: Chelsea, ManUnited, and Arsenal all need to win this weekend.

La Liga: Barcelona has a 10pt gap between the closest team but every time they're on TV you should tune in since Ray Hudson is on the call. Ray Hudson is the greatest sports commentator that's ever walked the earth. And we get to watch Messi with our own eyes, simply amazing. Barca plays at 10:15

Bundesliga: Dortmund and Munich are tied atop the table, this is a great race. Dortmund has to deal with Wolfsburg today but both should win and stay level.

Serie A: Juventus is running away with it and Ronaldo isn't playing today so this won't get much love in my living room.

All is right in the world.

Milwaukee

Banned
Ray Hudson's call of the 2017 El Clasico game winner by Messi. I'm a Madrid fan and this absolutely broke my heart but I had to give a standing O at the greatness. Messi's 1st goal 20 minutes prior to this game winner was magical as well. Nails the game winner and takes his jersey off like a boss, doesn't give a damn about the yellow card. Ballgame.

Ray Hudson is the Goat. "You could drop a tarantula in his pants and he'd still be cool" "The Medicine Man arrives and sinks his flaming spear into the heart of Real Madrid" "Born in the crossfire of a Hurricane"

To be running full speed and bury that bottom left within inches of the post to where the keeper can't get to it is sick. People talk about how skilled PGA players are, these guys are better. That's not even fair how he did that...curled it left to right as well. Unreal.

Last edited:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Can Man City recover and pull off the Quad?

And if they can....is it great for footie/soccer 'cuz I was sick of Man United? Or is it bad because the Arabs just bought themselves a championship quad with western oil money?

Milwaukee

Banned
They are indeed the biggest spending Arabs in the game today. Oil money has taken over.

They can definitely win the 2nd leg at home, although I'll be pulling against them.

Milwaukee

Banned
Enormous upset: Ajax advances past Juventus. Ronaldo is out of the Champions League.

Barcelona advances past ManUnited as well.

Tomorrow will be crazy with Tottenham vs ManCity (1-0 aggregate) and Porto vs Liverpool (0-1 aggregate I believe?). Unfortunately I'll be entertaining customers at a damn Brewers game and will have to DVR the games. Cry me a river Milwaukee.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Man United can suck....well, never mind, let's just say I have always disliked them. Glad to see them sent off...

Milwaukee

Banned
Champions League Semis:

Ajax continues to beat up on the world powers, took a 1-0 lead on aggregate yesterday over Tottenham.

Liverpool vs Barcelona kickoff in 5 minutes. This should be one for the ages.