ESPNU Radio First Team

So on my way into work, as we get closer to the season, I like to listen to ESPNU/College Sports radio on Sirius XM. The First team, the morning show have been breaking down their top 20. So Va Tech was in at 15 and Miami at 11. Frankly I don't see this for either. Va Tech lost a lot on defense and their Offense was not exactly strong. Schedule wise they do get us and Miami at home.

Miami, they were three plays away from being 7-5 last year. I am not buying that the U is back. What got me was when Taylor said they had a manageable schedule. Really, LSU in Atlanta, Va Tech and us on the road back to back in November. and BC at BC late October. By that BC game it is going to be below 60 degrees and Miami does not perform well in the cold. Add into this Florida State and I can see them losing 5 games. They had a Miami announcer on and the question was about who is the Coastal coming down to and the ESPNU guys said Va Tech and Miami. the Miami guy said, "you better add Georgia Tech in that, with CPJ and that offense they step up with a great season when you least expect it."

Now like I said, Pre Season is hype, but I just don't see Miami or Va Tech being that good. Can they beat us, sure, but can we beat them, yep.

And Yes, I am sure that Bama will be their 1, Clemson their 2, and Georgia their 3.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I think Miami is going to be pretty good. They lost some good players but I think they'll be ok. If I'm the Canes, tho, I get troubled by how they ended the season. With a lot on the line, they were awful against a lackluster Pitt team. And lackluster is stretching it. They stunk.
Va Tech? Their hype is solely on reputation. I really don't see why they are so highly thought of at this point. They weren't all that great on offense (and isn't Fuente an offensive coach by background?), and they're losing some big time players on D. Not seeing any tangible evidence for all the preseason Hokie love.

So on my way into work, as we get closer to the season, I like to listen to ESPNU/College Sports radio on Sirius XM. The First team, the morning show have been breaking down their top 20. So Va Tech was in at 15 and Miami at 11. Frankly I don't see this for either. Va Tech lost a lot on defense and their Offense was not exactly strong. Schedule wise they do get us and Miami at home.

Miami, they were three plays away from being 7-5 last year. I am not buying that the U is back. What got me was when Taylor said they had a manageable schedule. Really, LSU in Atlanta, Va Tech and us on the road back to back in November. and BC at BC late October. By that BC game it is going to be below 60 degrees and Miami does not perform well in the cold. Add into this Florida State and I can see them losing 5 games. They had a Miami announcer on and the question was about who is the Coastal coming down to and the ESPNU guys said Va Tech and Miami. the Miami guy said, "you better add Georgia Tech in that, with CPJ and that offense they step up with a great season when you least expect it."

Now like I said, Pre Season is hype, but I just don't see Miami or Va Tech being that good. Can they beat us, sure, but can we beat them, yep.

And Yes, I am sure that Bama will be their 1, Clemson their 2, and Georgia their 3.
If they put the mutts at #3, then they are out of their minds. With all the talent they lost, in spite of the wus schedule they have, I see the mutts going 8-4, and that hardly ranks 3rd in the country. Plus Kirby has yet to show anyone that he actually is a HC.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Miami is going to be pretty good. They lost some good players but I think they'll be ok. If I'm the Canes, tho, I get troubled by how they ended the season. With a lot on the line, they were awful against a lackluster Pitt team. And lackluster is stretching it. They stunk.
Va Tech? Their hype is solely on reputation. I really don't see why they are so highly thought of at this point. They weren't all that great on offense (and isn't Fuente an offensive coach by background?), and they're losing some big time players on D. Not seeing any tangible evidence for all the preseason Hokie love.

VT hasn't really been the same on defense since their DB coach left about 4-5 years ago. They're still good, but not nearly as lockdown....

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
If they put the mutts at #3, then they are out of their minds. With all the talent they lost, in spite of the wus schedule they have, I see the mutts going 8-4, and that hardly ranks 3rd in the country. Plus Kirby has yet to show anyone that he actually is a HC.
The Dwags will be playing Nebraska,Penn State or Michigan State in the Outback Bowl after Alabama stomps them in the SECCG

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I'm not convinced that they will even make it to the SECCG.

Me neither.
Bark Madley said Mullen will have access to "far better talent"in Gainesville than in Starkville. Of course, Mullen had Dak Prescott and Bernardrick McKinney in Starkvegas. They're not bad. But Mullen is an upgrade at coach over McElwain. And South Carolina could sneak up and beat Georgia this year. Tennessee is going to be awful.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
Me neither.
Bark Madley said Mullen will have access to "far better talent"in Gainesville than in Starkville. Of course, Mullen had Dak Prescott and Bernardrick McKinney in Starkvegas. They're not bad. But Mullen is an upgrade at coach over McElwain. And South Carolina could sneak up and beat Georgia this year. Tennessee is going to be awful.

Shaq Mason says "Who is the person I ran over in the Orange Bowl?"

175px-Shaq_Mason_2014.jpg