ESPN Why GT will win the Coastal

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
When they load the box and have dominate DL, we have to go to the air.

That what happened against UNC & Duke for the win..
I don't know what we were trying to do against VTech.
I hated the game plan against Clemson loved the opening game plan against UGA.
Miami gifted wrapped the game to us do to turnovers but we sloppily gave it back and we had no answer for their OLine.
Speaking of which their OLine looked like they were blowing us back 10 yards down field every play, Duke could have skipped through those holes. (Can you break down that game?)

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
UGA has a stout front 7 as well and remember we built our lead on them by passing. (We beat Duke & UNC in the air too btw)
Clemson DL returns & like I stated early they reloaded on O and probably will include more of their 3 headed (mostly GA boys) rushing attack.

I can try to be optimistic but nah it's not gonna happen for us this year.

You do realize that Tech only passed for 125 against Duke and 104 against UNC, right? I think the 344 rushing yards against Duke played a decent role in the 4 TD passes against them and the 324 rushing yards played a bit of a role in that 1 TD pass against UNC. I could be wrong though.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@ATL1 You mean vedio breakdown of Miami game? I got pretty sad after looking at the first 4 series of Clemson. Miami would not be as bad as Clemson.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Cause we tired of losing to those same four teams.
1. Miami MASSIVE Oline .. Game Over
2. Foster beats Paul.. Game Over
3. Clemson has 14 returning starters mostly on D. Chad Morris still their OC & they loaded.
4. UGA cause we scared. Do/Can we even complete passes consistent enough to even challenge their secondary. We play in the hedges and GAWD knows we can only hope Gurley isn't 100%.

There is no where on this team that I feel we have an advantage over these opponents. I can paint gold colored glasses on my face and say we going undefeated but my keep it real status prevents me from just telling it how I really feel. This team is mediocre maybe a lil lower than mediocre as it currently stands right now. I just assume we beat UNC and Duke but on paper that even looks shakey. Maybe
I'm wrong, I hope so. But I'm not expecting much.

I'm not going to let you throw out these adjectives and equate them to wins.
Massive Oline? Hell we had a massive 3-4 DL, but we were not good
And really on VT. Take Logan off that team tell me the series over the last 4 yrs?
Let me see Chad w/o his safety blanket Sammy.
Stout front 7? If you say so

If we had this team with last year schedule I would be feeling exactly like you but I see nothing less than 8 wins

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I can try to be optimistic but nah it's not gonna happen for us this year.

You don't have to be optimistic but don't pretend that you're being realistic. Too call games over months before they're played based on some one liners is silly. And a lazy analysis. With the way you talk, you'd think we we've been routinely mauled by those teams.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
"3) What do we know about the quarterbacks? Here's what we do know: Last year's starer, Vad Lee, is gone, having transferred to James Madison."

Yep. Vad did a lot of staring, all right.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Does anyone else see the parallelism with us and uga on defense, or is it just me. We had groh and a 3-4 that obviously wasn't working and ditched him. We got hire a fiery 4-3 guy that just likes to ball and play quick. Same token with uga, they had a 3-4 guy who decided to "leave." Hire a fiery 4-3 guy who looks to play quick. That is the last thing I was to see in the uga defense as a tech fan. With the play makers they have, i think you could see a much improved defense, unfortunately for us. Lets hope in wrong and the players they lost on defense comes back to really hurt them.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Does anyone else see the parallelism with us and uga on defense, or is it just me. We had groh and a 3-4 that obviously wasn't working and ditched him. We got hire a fiery 4-3 guy that just likes to ball and play quick. Same token with uga, they had a 3-4 guy who decided to "leave." Hire a fiery 4-3 guy who looks to play quick. That is the last thing I was to see in the uga defense as a tech fan. With the play makers they have, i think you could see a much improved defense, unfortunately for us. Lets hope in wrong and the players they lost on defense comes back to really hurt them.
Pruitt is a guy that was under Saban at one point. He can run a 4-3 or a 3-4, and everything I've seen/heard so far tells me they're going to keep running a 3-4 because it best fits the personnel they have (even with everyone leaving)

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Pruitt will be running the 3-4

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Oh, well in that case I stand corrected! I guess I assumed they would be switching back to a 4-3 since I believe that is what he ran at FSU. In my opinion, I don't think a 3-4 will work in the college ranks unless you are bama. To get players who are quick enough to understand what is going to and react to it seems like too much to ask for a college athlete. It would be interesting to see how many of the top defenses are actually running a 3-4.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Oh, well in that case I stand corrected! I guess I assumed they would be switching back to a 4-3 since I believe that is what he ran at FSU. In my opinion, I don't think a 3-4 will work in the college ranks unless you are bama. To get players who are quick enough to understand what is going to and react to it seems like too much to ask for a college athlete. It would be interesting to see how many of the top defenses are actually running a 3-4.
Just off the top of my head, I know Alabama and Stanford both do

1. VT - Logan Thomas is not there anymore to have his annual Heisman moment against and his replacements are booboo. Still no running game and I believe they have issues on their OLine as well. D should be the norm, but no Kyle Fuller or that disruptive DL
2. Miami - No QB but good WRs who drops the ball at a crazy rate. A below average defense will be transitioning to the 3-4 (YAY!)
3. Clemson - No QB, No Sammy, or Martevious. New LT to replace Brandon Thomas. D is hyped to be good this year but we always find a way to put 3opts+ up
4. UGA - Hutson Mason = Joe Cox.(i hate that we lost to him) Suspect OL. Entirely new secondary, just lost rush OLB. Pruitt its going to be there Savior this year

Why we show so much respect to the teams that have dominated us the last 4 years, but not give us any credit for the teams we have dominated???

The more significant comparisons that will determine our final record are unfortunately as follows:
Paul Johnson with Beamer/Foster
Paul Johnson with Cutcliffe
Paul Johnson with Al Golden
Paul Johnson with Larry Fedora
Paul Johnson with Dabo
Paul Johnson with Mark Richt

Gojackets55

Banned
So I guess...Morgan Bailey who missed every game, Anthony Williams, Anthony Autry , Travin Henry who all played a hand full of snaps...were going to make us a 12 win team..oh wait it's probably the 3 freshmen who have never played a down. Next year we will struggle not this year.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
1. VT - Logan Thomas is not there anymore to have his annual Heisman moment against and his replacements are booboo. Still no running game and I believe they have issues on their OLine as well. D should be the norm, but no Kyle Fuller or that disruptive DL
2. Miami - No QB but good WRs who drops the ball at a crazy rate. A below average defense will be transitioning to the 3-4 (YAY!)
3. Clemson - No QB, No Sammy, or Martevious. New LT to replace Brandon Thomas. D is hyped to be good this year but we always find a way to put 3opts+ up
4. UGA - Hutson Mason = Joe Cox.(i hate that we lost to him) Suspect OL. Entirely new secondary, just lost rush OLB. Pruitt its going to be there Savior this year

Why we show so much respect to the teams that have dominated us the last 4 years, but not give us any credit for the teams we have dominated???

I would bet money we will be underdogs to all 4 big teams and then unc up here and probably pitt. Easy to see that is possible.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So I guess...Morgan Bailey who missed every game, Anthony Williams, Anthony Autry , Travin Henry who all played a hand full of snaps...were going to make us a 12 win team..oh wait it's probably the 3 freshmen who have never played a down. Next year we will struggle not this year.

We need a good this year. Next year is, well, next year. I think we will be ok this year too with the easier schedule (3 easy to start, next year we get ND instead of a cup cake) and favorable game days (all Saturdays).

But next year we will have this year's class (a good one) with experience and next years (a great one) to fill in the holes.

You are right that we didn't see a lot of production from the players you mentioned; maybe that's why we ended the season with a whimper.

That's why we need a good season this year; to tide us over next year. I have seen enough improvement in the D and ST and recruiting to think CPJ is on the right track. But wins are what will determine his future.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I would bet money we will be underdogs to all 4 big teams and then unc up here and probably pitt. Easy to see that is possible.

We start with 3 teams that we should handle fairly easily. Then we play at VPI. Then we play d'Oh U at home.

Before those games, VPI plays W&M, tOSU, and EC. Whether we're underdogs vs VPI will depend a lot on how those last two games go, imo.
Before our game, d'Oh U plays @Lu'llvul, @Neb, and Duke as well as FA&M, and ArkSt. Again, there's a lot that can go right or wrong for them.