ESPN Why GT will win the Coastal

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
It's gonna be a rough season dude, if we get seven wins at this point consider the season a success.

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
False info!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 113

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I fear the injury more than anything this year.

I feel good with Gotsis and Green at DT. I think freeman and Whitehead will make good WDE by game 4. The LB are strong and will fill in any DL gaps.

I think the O will be as good or better than last year.

DL depth and BB depth are the biggest concerns. Injuries here could change the season.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think he's hit it, actually. Point 3 is it. Of all the teams that have competed in the Coastal during the last few years, Tech has the most manageable season coming up. And, as Ibee says, most everybody in the division has problems.

Again, we have one line – this time the DL – that has lost depth before the season starts. We will have to have some frosh play before their time. I don't have any doubts about the O; I expect us to score slightly more per game and to be pretty much the same as always. The D is, as usual, the question mark. But, as I said earlier, our DL depth won't be a problem until we get two of our top 3 DTs injured. That hasn't happened in eons. DE is a question mark, but I'm not as worried about that. Shoot, we could be in the same shape on D as Puke. Now, that would be a problem.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
We lose Again to the Big 4 Boogeymen ..
We lose one that we thought we should win (Duke, UNC, ect)
7 Wins..
I hope.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
We lose Again to the Big 4 Boogeymen ..
We lose one that we thought we should win (Duke, UNC, ect)
7 Wins..
I hope.

1. VT - Logan Thomas is not there anymore to have his annual Heisman moment against and his replacements are booboo. Still no running game and I believe they have issues on their OLine as well. D should be the norm, but no Kyle Fuller or that disruptive DL
2. Miami - No QB but good WRs who drops the ball at a crazy rate. A below average defense will be transitioning to the 3-4 (YAY!)
3. Clemson - No QB, No Sammy, or Martevious. New LT to replace Brandon Thomas. D is hyped to be good this year but we always find a way to put 3opts+ up
4. UGA - Hutson Mason = Joe Cox.(i hate that we lost to him) Suspect OL. Entirely new secondary, just lost rush OLB. Pruitt its going to be there Savior this year

Why we show so much respect to the teams that have dominated us the last 4 years, but not give us any credit for the teams we have dominated???

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
1. VT - Logan Thomas is not there anymore to have his annual Heisman moment against and his replacements are booboo. Still no running game and I believe they have issues on their OLine as well. D should be the norm, but no Kyle Fuller or that disruptive DL
2. Miami - No QB but good WRs who drops the ball at a crazy rate. A below average defense will be transitioning to the 3-4 (YAY!)
3. Clemson - No QB, No Sammy, or Martevious. New LT to replace Brandon Thomas. D is hyped to be good this year but we always find a way to put 3opts+ up
4. UGA - Hutson Mason = Joe Cox.(i hate that we lost to him) Suspect OL. Entirely new secondary, just lost rush OLB. Pruitt its going to be there Savior this year

Why we show so much respect to the teams that have dominated us the last 4 years, but not give us any credit for the teams we have dominated???

Like your outlook, except I think Mason is better than Cox. And they still have Gurley. Who is a bad, bad man. I don't think they are going to be great shakes on D. Their LBs are going to be dog-tired having to cover a lot of ground by the middle of the year. Then again, their schedule isn't that demanding - offensively challenged Florida, offensively challenged Tennessee, just plain and simple challenged Kentucky, plus the likes of Troy and Charleston Southern (IIRC). South Carolina and Clemson will be their biggest tests before they meet Auburn. That game will be a smokeout.
But I am not overwhelmed by any other team in the Coastal, and I think Clemson slips a little bit this year with all the talent they lost. Our startling lack of depth at DT has me frightfully concerned.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

Cause we tired of losing to those same four teams.
1. Miami MASSIVE Oline .. Game Over
2. Foster beats Paul.. Game Over
3. Clemson has 14 returning starters mostly on D. Chad Morris still their OC & they loaded.
4. UGA cause we scared. Do/Can we even complete passes consistent enough to even challenge their secondary. We play in the hedges and GAWD knows we can only hope Gurley isn't 100%.

There is no where on this team that I feel we have an advantage over these opponents. I can paint gold colored glasses on my face and say we going undefeated but my keep it real status prevents me from just telling it how I really feel. This team is mediocre maybe a lil lower than mediocre as it currently stands right now. I just assume we beat UNC and Duke but on paper that even looks shakey. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope so. But I'm not expecting much.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@ATL1 nothing wrong with keeping it real. These will be tough games, but I think we have a chance to beat them.

Clemson's DL was great last year and this is the only team that "dominated" us to some degree. All the other games we were in until late four quarter.

I hate not having sneezy and JT, but I think we will find new heroes on the defense.

We need a passing game with over 50% completion ratio and our passing defense has got to improve.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
UGA has a stout front 7 as well and remember we built our lead on them by passing. (We beat Duke & UNC in the air too btw)
Clemson DL returns & like I stated early they reloaded on O and probably will include more of their 3 headed (mostly GA boys) rushing attack.

I can try to be optimistic but nah it's not gonna happen for us this year.