Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Found this:

OiSBUjl.jpg

QN1PKSX.jpg

Atz5Lte.jpg

CoolHandluq

Georgia Tech Fan
If we beat ND early in the season the hype will reach critical mass. Very concerned about replacing the skill players next year. I am optimistic but it took seniors til mid season last year to really come into form. Not sure what to expect from fr/soph that are stepping in to replace them. Only have two games before we need to be executing at a high level, this has me worried.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
If we beat ND early in the season the hype will reach critical mass. Very concerned about replacing the skill players next year. I am optimist but it took seniors til mid season last year to really come into form. Not sure what to expect from fr/soph that are stepping in to replace them. Only have two games before we need to be executing at a high level has me worried.

This is what scares me the most - the experience at perimeter blocking that we are losing. Even with 4 seniors out there, MSST had some athletic linebackers that were getting around blocks and making TFLs. We got bailed out by JT's arm or legs most of the times, so few remember this. If we get more plays blown up next year we will be punting a lot more.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with CoolH and Frenchise. We have the potential to be really good and we are putting a lot of expectations on first time starters and really young players. We all agree that our OL will be definitely an excellent line, our QB will be fantastic, our D potential is definitely higher this year with the returnees and a few critical adds (JHD, Whitehead in particular). But we lost one hell'uva a lot of blocking expertise in our seniors on the edge and in the secondary. How many plays will get blown up because of missed blocks? Only takes a few and like Frenchise says we will punting a lot more. Now maybe our D can get the ball back to us that much quicker this year;) Only time will tell. Our teams always seem to do better if we are not hyped and have a chip on their shoulder. I hope this hype and expectations do not get to them and us.

Looking forward to supporting this team this season in SPADES! Looking forward to seeing the development of the past two recruiting classes, which have some downright ballers in them. The countdown clock is totally depressing - too many days on it! THWG

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I also wonder when people will start to think the offense we run is sexy.. I mean we completely OWNed some great teams last year in the trenches.. I get that it isn't flashy but we were crushing people and putting up videogame numbers on TOP and rushing yards

stpetewreck

Georgia Tech Fan
You would think any admirers of 'smash mouth football' would find our offense sexy. I know I love that kind of football, and totally find our offense sexy.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I also wonder when people will start to think the offense we run is sexy.. I mean we completely OWNed some great teams last year in the trenches.. I get that it isn't flashy but we were crushing people and putting up videogame numbers on TOP and rushing yards
What is flashy about an O that snaps the ball back to a guy that keeps or hands off to the other guy back there with him. Or passes a short 3 to 5 yard pass hoping the D can't tackle which most don't seem to be able to do. . IMHO, I think the TO is much more interesting to watch.

What I like about where we are headed, is the progress made last year in fundamental football, blocking and tackling. If we are coaching it, like it seemed we have done with the players buying in, then I am guessing we will see improvement again. Also we will start faster this year than last.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm with 63; I think what Coach calls "the NCAA standard offense" is a crashing bore to watch. And I would never call any offense or defense run by any college football program "sexy". This isn't the Miss Universe contest.

I think the constant emphasis on our O is also sort of boring. We made real strides on D last year and, if that carries over and slightly improves, things could be quite interesting come November next year.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The whole narrative on the sexiness of our offense is rapidly changing for the better. I was in heaven listening the the national broadcasters call the OB. It was a huge shot in the arm for the image of the program, particularly the offfense. JT not only makes this offense go, he make it "sexy", in the football context.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
If we beat ND early in the season the hype will reach critical mass. Very concerned about replacing the skill players next year. I am optimistic but it took seniors til mid season last year to really come into form. Not sure what to expect from fr/soph that are stepping in to replace them. Only have two games before we need to be executing at a high level, this has me worried.
Agree 100%!

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
How could a program such as Auburn be trending up? Any time you start a new QB, anything could happen. It took FSU a while to get a QB, before they bounced back and VT and Miami still have not, regardless of recruiting classes.

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm still a little worried about the O line. Its usually never quite as good or as bad as its expected to be. Not to mention Mason was just an absolute force. Against FSU profootballfocus.com gave player ratings and our linemen had ratings hovering around 0 which is basically average/no impact while Mason had +5.0 which is just amazing. Cautiously optimistic because that was certainly the best line I've seen at Tech in some time but the Mason loss is huge

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm still a little worried about the O line. Its usually never quite as good or as bad as its expected to be. Not to mention Mason was just an absolute force. Against FSU profootballfocus.com gave player ratings and our linemen had ratings hovering around 0 which is basically average/no impact while Mason had +5.0 which is just amazing. Cautiously optimistic because that was certainly the best line I've seen at Tech in some time but the Mason loss is huge

According to footballoutsider, we had the #3 OL. That was more than Mason.