ESPN: RE-Ranking the top 300 recruits 2006-2013

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
They used college impact and production, not pro. My guess would be his overall production compared to a pass-heavy WR's numbers is what held him back on this list.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Baybay not on here is plain dumb. He is top 50

Outside of 2009, what exactly did BeyBey do in college to make him stand out more than the names on that list? Even in 2009 it's not like he had extremely memorable year. He made 1st team All ACC in 2009...Sean Bedford made 1st team All-ACC twice.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Yea I'm not sure how much stock I'm going to put any list put together by ESPN this one included.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
I dont get how Keith Marshall is on the list. He was a backup last year and injured this year. D. Thomas should for sure be on the list.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Outside of 2009, what exactly did BeyBey do in college to make him stand out more than the names on that list? Even in 2009 it's not like he had extremely memorable year. He made 1st team All ACC in 2009...Sean Bedford made 1st team All-ACC twice.

i guess his draft position suggest otherwise. The point here being i see your point if this is just purely college stats. But i view evaluating a recruiting class by impact on the field and the quality of the recruit. Baybay was the #1 WR chosen out of college. despite minimal stats partially due to the system, he still had a big impact at tech. i would say that a player chosen #1 at his position out of college was a damn good college recruit. But again if this is just a stats game ok....

Techster

Helluva Engineer
i guess his draft position suggest otherwise. The point here being i see your point if this is just purely college stats. But i view evaluating a recruiting class by impact on the field and the quality of the recruit. Baybay was the #1 WR chosen out of college. despite minimal stats partially due to the system, he still had a big impact at tech. i would say that a player chosen #1 at his position out of college was a damn good college recruit. But again if this is just a stats game ok....

That list is based on college production alone, and not draft position or what the players did in the pros. I think that's where GT fans are confusing themselves.

Trust me, I think BeyBey is one of the top players on that list, but on a national level, BeyBey wasn't a factor in college. As you allude to, that has to do with the system he played in, but obviously the potential was there. That's why he was drafted so high. Everyone is aware that drafting players are based on upside, otherwise Kellen Moore should have been one of the highest drafted players on that list....which wasn't the case. Professional, BeyBey's accomplishments on the next level dwarfs what the vast majority of guys on that list have done. That's not what that list is about, though.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
That list is based on college production alone, and not draft position or what the players did in the pros. I think that's where GT fans are confusing themselves.

Trust me, I think BeyBey is one of the top players on that list, but on a national level, BeyBey wasn't a factor in college. ....

Huh? And you don't get to drop his last year from the discussion just because it doesn't fit your narrative. Recruiting rankings are all about potential. Well, his potential is as good or better than any WR on that list.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Huh? And you don't get to drop his last year from the discussion just because it doesn't fit your narrative. Recruiting rankings are all about potential. Well, his potential is as good or better than any WR on that list.

When did I drop his last year from the discussion? Go back to post #14...I even mentioned he was first team All-ACC that year later.

Take your GT blinders off and really analyze that list and compare BeyBey's COLLEGE career to the careers of the players on that list. Kellen Moore is player #300 of 300 on that list. Can you honestly say BeyBey had the college career Moore had?