ESPN ranks us 13/14 in ACC...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
If we are what our D performance over the first 3 games says we are, then that ranking's probably pretty close. I just can't believe that we are really as bad on D as we've played.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Hahaha ESPN is funny

Our defense is funny...unfortunately, in a sad way...

Duke...DUKE...is 10 spots in front of us. Eh, let's see how this shakes out once everyone starts playing each other in conference. These polls are for entertainment and discussion value only at the moment.

Cheesehead Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Unfortunately, I think VT will beat us quite handily this year for several reasons : 1) Bud Foster 2) Michael Brewer will pick us apart due to poor pass rush 3) They will return a KO or a punt for a TD 4) Some "quirky " officiating call at a critical point in the game 5) We will still not play 4 good quarters . Wish I saw it otherwise.......but " It is what it is ".

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Beating the hell outta VT will change everyone's perspective. "Dont tell me, show me" still canr belive we're ranked under Syracuse and NC State though smh

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
Whatever it takes to get Tech to play 4 Quarters like they did the first two last week is fine with me. Heck, put them in last for all i care. One week at a time and one play at a time. I am so freakin' ready for saturday that i can't stand it.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
They've been really down on GT since before the season started. The only way we can change the negative perception is to keep winning, hopefully in more convincing fashion. We will get our chance next Saturday in Blacksburg.
If we win the headline will be "Georgia Tech takes advantage of a 'down' Virginia Tech"... or something of that nature, to diminish the victory as much as they can.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
If we win the headline will be "Georgia Tech takes advantage of a 'down' Virginia Tech"... or something of that nature, to diminish the victory as much as they can.

I take it. A win is a win. You would have seen the same thing had we held on to a 20pt lead against UGA last November and I would have savored the victory regardless.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
When I first read the title I thought "who cares?" Worrying about rankings is pointless. If we keep winning everything will take care of itself.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Gotta earn respect. Reckon we haven't yet. Not many Tech people in the media.
I'll pass judgement on that ranking after this weekend. I really hope that the players know about this though.
We don't get respect even when win... We could win 3 ACC Championships in a row and the media would still pick these five to be the top 5: FSU, Clempson, Miami, VPISU, & UNC. There is too much vested corporate interest in those schools being hyped...

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Miami is tied for 9th in those rankings. When they go into Lincoln this weekend and beat Nebraska, they will be top 3. When we go into Blacksburg and beat VT, we will be top 5.