ESPN Notes on GT

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
...but they still think Duke is the real deal.

And why shouldn't they? Duke has played solid during their 4 non-conference wins this year. The only 2 conference games they lost last year (not counting ACCCG vs National Champ FSU) were the only 2 games their starting QB Boone missed and he is back this year. Cutcliffe gets a ton of respect, and what he has done at Duke is amazing. The Duke-Miami game on Saturday will give us a lot more insight into where Duke really stands, but until then they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Of course, I fully expect us to beat both Miami and Duke, so we will continue to move up in their power rankings. But for now, I consider it reasonable for Duke to be ahead of us.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
UNC,VPI, Duke, Miami all have at least 1 conf loss, Pitt & UVa have bad ooc losses.

I think our D is better than it's played, but it still needs to show it. Fortunately, it seems that d'oh U and DU run similar offenses. So, we should be ready for what we'll see the next two weeks.

I will be surprised if either keeps us under 30 (or 3ppd)

Declinometer

Banned
And why shouldn't they? Duke has played solid during their 4 non-conference wins this year. The only 2 conference games they lost last year (not counting ACCCG vs National Champ FSU) were the only 2 games their starting QB Boone missed and he is back this year. Cutcliffe gets a ton of respect, and what he has done at Duke is amazing. The Duke-Miami game on Saturday will give us a lot more insight into where Duke really stands, but until then they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Of course, I fully expect us to beat both Miami and Duke, so we will continue to move up in their power rankings. But for now, I consider it reasonable for Duke to be ahead of us.
They were high on Duke before the first snap.