ESPN Jab?

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Dude on ESPN during halftime of this Toledo game just announced that Whisenhunt was fired, and tagged it with "Georgia Tech alumnus, of course." Other than Spurrier, because his college days are kinda notorious, how many times have your heard a mention of a coach's alma mater when they were fired? I can't recall many. And the "of course?" GTFO. Sorry for the rant. Go Jackets.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
Certainly no apology needed. Announcer was being a butthole.

There's not a day goes by that I didn't wish for some college sports coverage alternative or competitor to ESPN. I'd gladly pay for objective, intelligent, insightful coverage and commentary if someone would put it out there to compete with their shallow, biased drivel. Not holding my breath, though.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Completely wrong on this one guys. That guy was Chris Cotter who is a Tech grad. It wasn't a shot. He was just getting a mention in for his school. Cotter is a Tech fan.
Good for you. It is really remarkable at the paranoia rampant on such boards. Seems we spend half the time demanding attention and the other half attacking people who give us attention.