Errin Joe

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
That is awesome on several levels.

First OL under CPJ that has come back to help, I'm sure.

Great example of a guy who worked his way into a critical role on that 2014 team, and knows how good this O can be when blocked well.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't sure where to put this but I was chatting with a co-worker earlier who's good friends with former GT lineman Errin Joe, and he told me that he maybe joining our staff soon. He also told me he's currently at FIU. With a quick Google search his LinkedIn page comes up and, sure enough, he's apart of their quality control staff. Could just be a rumor but I hope this is true. It would really show that we're trying catch up and keep pace with the other more successful programs in college football.
Posted this a few weeks back in the "10th Coach" thread

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
You can only have 4 GAs and they have to join within 7 years of graduating. They can do everything an assistant coach does except maybe recruiting (I'm not always clear about recruiting rules).

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm really glad to see Joe coming back. He was one of my favorites when he was a player. I especially liked how tough he was, fighting through injuries in 2015 to end up starting.

Welcome back!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Graduate Assistants are graduate students. The exact same as those that lead lab courses, teach undergraduate lectures, and are researchers. This assistantship is just working with the football team instead of an academic department.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Grad assistants can coach on the field in practice. They can participate in recruiting but not off campus.

The coaching part is the distinction between GAs and the "analyst" positions. They can observe at practice and participate in meetings but can't physically be on the field during practice.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I loved Errin as a player from recruitment thru grad, but dang that False Start vs unc still stings