Eric?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
So is this guy a BB as mentioned above? With his size and athleticism I'd rather see him at WR

If he's half as tenacious and unrelenting as his brother, with his size...DE all the way. With his mobility to play the outfield, he could also flex out to OLB in some sets.

Size and speed...can't teach that...and he has it.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think he'd be a monster receiver. He's fast, big, and can track down a ball. If he has soft hands, this is a no-brainer. The only issue is he's never played football before, so he's got to learn to live in his pads. That can be difficult for some.

Let's be honest, he's a D-1 athlete with applicable skills, but he's also an unknown. He doesn't even know how this will turn out. I can tell you from experience, baseball practice and football practice are two entirely different animals. He'll come in and do what he can to help the team. He may skyrocket like Smelter, but he may also take the longer road, like Kallon.

I'll be pulling for him both on and off the field. As I've stated other places, Tech's a challenge in and of itself: I have all the respect in the world for our student-athletes, even moreso when they're walk-ons.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think he'd be a monster receiver. He's fast, big, and can track down a ball. If he has soft hands, this is a no-brainer. The only issue is he's never played football before, so he's got to learn to live in his pads. That can be difficult for some.

Let's be honest, he's a D-1 athlete with applicable skills, but he's also an unknown. He doesn't even know how this will turn out. I can tell you from experience, baseball practice and football practice are two entirely different animals. He'll come in and do what he can to help the team. He may skyrocket like Smelter, but he may also take the longer road, like Kallon.

I'll be pulling for him both on and off the field. As I've stated other places, Tech's a challenge in and of itself: I have all the respect in the world for our student-athletes, even moreso when they're walk-ons.
There is no way, growing in his family, that his situation is similar to Kallon's.

GTG768B

Jolly Good Fellow
Uh, in light of recent events, can y'all refrain from anointing anyone the next superstar ... whatever.

Some bad mojo going for the home team. Don't know which one of y'all ran afoul of the voodoo priestess but whoever it is needs to go back to the bayou and make amends.

We'll get our chance the second game of this coming season...

thwgjacket

Do we know what happened? I feel like this kid has been pushed around by the NCAA.
Was told that Travis received lower than a "C" in more than one class. Was told by a coach that the blame falls squarely on the High School he came from. Apparently was not prepared for college and "it was obvious the high school passed him just to pass him without taking any real responsibility for preparing him for college."
-the coach is not the one who told me his grades. Two different people I talked to.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Was told that Travis received lower than a "C" in more than one class. Was told by a coach that the blame falls squarely on the High School he came from. Apparently was not prepared for college and "it was obvious the high school passed him just to pass him without taking any real responsibility for preparing him for college."
-the coach is not the one who told me his grades. Two different people I talked to.
If he wasn't prepared for college, how did he pass all his college courses last semester? Or was that falsely reported?

thwgjacket

If he wasn't prepared for college, how did he pass all his college courses last semester? Or was that falsely reported?
Was he in classes in the Fall? I'm talking about this past Spring Semester. Was told that he did not pass all his classes and received more than one grade below a "C." I guess if he made a few D's that would technically be passing, but not in a way that you could play.