Eric?

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
I know this might be beating a dead horse. Do you see Custis coming back to Tech after this season at GMC? I keep seeing reports saying he will come back after this fall at GMC. What do you think?

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
I know this might be beating a dead horse. Do you see Custis coming back to Tech after this season at GMC? I keep seeing reports saying he will come back after this fall at GMC. What do you think?
He is not. Eric said he would gladly eat crow if he was wrong. But don't count on it

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Yeah, as I posted in that thread I am very certain we will not see him attend GT again

GTRanj

Jolly Good Fellow
One reason he might come back is the 4-2-4 rule. If he chooses to go to another D1 school he has to first graduate from GMC, which may take more than one additional year. If he comes back to Tech then he doesn't have to graduate from GMC.
Page 3
http://www.msjc.edu/Athletics/StudentAthleteSupport/Documents/Transfer Tips- NCAA and NAIA.pdf
This could really sway his decision. I mean it would be a no-brainier for me. I don't see him graduating GMC after only one year anyways, so its either come back to Tech and lose one year of eligibility or lose 2 years of eligibility and go elsewhere. I would think in the case of Whitehead, he had earned enough transfer credits at NC State in order for him to be able to graduate from GMC in the short time he has been there. Custis has only been at Tech one semester (unless he completed last year's semester and those credits can count towards his major) so I would think it would be a stretch for him to be able to graduate from GMC in the span of one year. The 4-2-4 rule does state he must remain at the 2-year school for at least one calendar year, so he needs to get his but down there for summer session if he wants to be back at Tech for fall camp next year.

Edit: If you return to your original school, you only need to pass 24 transferable hours with a minimum of 2.0 GPA. You do not need to stay one calendar year.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Uh, in light of recent events, can y'all refrain from anointing anyone the next superstar ... whatever.

Some bad mojo going for the home team. Don't know which one of y'all ran afoul of the voodoo priestess but whoever it is needs to go back to the bayou and make amends.