Epic year

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
On the ride back from the OB I had time to reflect on the game and yr.SWEET and amazingly so considering from where we started. Quick thoughts.

-Not only was the bowl win a victory over the SEC but it also broke the habit of the Offense under-performing in the bowl. (maybe they need TWO months to practice against it)
-Somebody needs to talk to Bobinski about allowing those god-awful bells.I finally had to move.luckily there were plenty choices of seats.
- I think SDay's run was one of the finest at GT I've seen in watching for 50 yrs.He beat 3 guys that easily could have tackled him and also the sideline.
- It funny how the DEF evolved from obvious struggle, to erratic but dangerous, to bend and opportunistic.Still not really good but a force and factor to complement the Off which PJ has needed.btw-that is what def coaches should do,improve their effect
-Again I remark that this Off demands a QB to be an" 'under-ctr" ball handler,a runner and a passer.Once we had that things everything falls into place.
-interesting that the OB record was set for both passing and running.Who won?
- the best way to make this season success pay-off is to improve recruiting--you can only go so far with avg guys
(with having few stars, if any fall off in performance ,you struggle to win even favored games)
-probably the most surprising season I've seen in a long time(including 1990)
-

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
On the ride back from the OB I had time to reflect on the game and yr.SWEET and amazingly so considering from where we started. Quick thoughts.

-Not only was the bowl win a victory over the SEC but it also broke the habit of the Offense under-performing in the bowl. (maybe they need TWO months to practice against it)
-Somebody needs to talk to Bobinski about allowing those god-awful bells.I finally had to move.luckily there were plenty choices of seats.
- I think SDay's run was one of the finest at GT I've seen in watching for 50 yrs.He beat 3 guys that easily could have tackled him and also the sideline.
- It funny how the DEF evolved from obvious struggle, to erratic but dangerous, to bend and opportunistic.Still not really good but a force and factor to complement the Off which PJ has needed.btw-that is what def coaches should do,improve their effect
-Again I remark that this Off demands a QB to be an" 'under-ctr" ball handler,a runner and a passer.Once we had that things everything falls into place.
-interesting that the OB record was set for both passing and running.Who won?
- the best way to make this season success pay-off is to improve recruiting--you can only go so far with avg guys
(with having few stars, if any fall off in performance ,you struggle to win even favored games)
-probably the most surprising season I've seen in a long time(including 1990)
-
Great post. I am going to tell my grand kids about this season!

You mention Bobinski... I think the guy has done a great job since he's arrived. Unlike DRad, Bobinski seems more focused on the program. He's worked with PJ and given him a lot of what he's asked for. You can also see how improved our social media presence is, as well as improvement in recruiting. Credit due to that guy.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Great post. I am going to tell my grand kids about this season!

You mention Bobinski... I think the guy has done a great job since he's arrived. Unlike DRad, Bobinski seems more focused on the program. He's worked with PJ and given him a lot of what he's asked for. You can also see how improved our social media presence is, as well as improvement in recruiting. Credit due to that guy.
+1 for Bobinski and the new and improved Social Media Presence

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
+1 for bobinski for doing a good job. so many of our fans need hand holding and coddling and are offended that mbob doesn't respond enough or "listen" to them. drad did that and probably should have spent more time doing his job then responding to alumni and fan emails.

he knows what he's doing, he's done it before, let him do his job.

reubenjet

Jolly Good Fellow
+1 for bobinski for doing a good job. so many of our fans need hand holding and coddling and are offended that mbob doesn't respond enough or "listen" to them. drad did that and probably should have spent more time doing his job then responding to alumni and fan emails.

Sdays run was right up there but I'm going to have to give W.Bell the nod on greatest run in 50 yrs back in 1991 Citrus Bowl...his forward momentum had completely stopped as he changed direction and sprinted back to full speed while surrounded by defenders. What I liked about Days' run was the rebound from the thigh hit and staying in bounds. I could watch both over and over!

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Sdays run was right up there but I'm going to have to give W.Bell the nod on greatest run in 50 yrs back in 1991 Citrus Bowl...his forward momentum had completely stopped as he changed direction and sprinted back to full speed while surrounded by defenders. What I liked about Days' run was the rebound from the thigh hit and staying in bounds. I could watch both over and over!

Bell's run was a beauty--I was lucky enough to have seen both in person,thanks for sharing

I sense the total opposite of what you said comparing MBob and DRad. I emailed DRad once with some information that I thought he would find interesting.....NO RESPONSE. I wrote MBob twice to point out what I thought was a big problem in the way someone not connected to Tech was being treated by a member of the athletic department. He not only responded to each letter, he handled the problem. He also responded quickly to an email I sent him concerning noon games in September. MBob is way more interested in listening to the fans than DRad ever was.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
I was at that game. My wife and I went nuts when Bell broke out of the pile to run for the TD. Great memories on that road trip!

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Beat me to it. Good call.