End Zone Seats

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by IronJacket7, Aug 9, 2013.

1. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

Just out of curiosity has anyone ever sat in the upper end zone section above the band? I've always sat in either the east or west. I just wanted a perspective. I have always wondered what it was like viewing the game from a north and south viewpoint. I will be in section 216 for Elon.

2. DaltonJacket

DaltonJacket Georgia Tech Fan

I've sat there the last couple years. I actually really love the perspective you get from there in terms of seeing holes in the line open up.

The only downside is that sometimes you get surrounded by visiting fans.

3. gtdrew

gtdrew Banned

You sit up there, you'll get to see the UNR in action. Worth the price of admission.

4. GTFan62

GTFan62 Ramblin' Wreck

My seats for the Pitt and Syracuse games are up there. I took advantage of the $15 special.

5. daBuzz

daBuzz Helluva Engineer

This. I sat up there a few times several years ago before I moved to the East side for good. One GREAT thing about those seats is when the play is going away from you and is on your side of the hashmarks, you will frequently see the holes open up. It seems you get the viewpoint of the QB or the running backs.

6. Tech First

Tech First Ramblin' Wreck

I purchased tickets in 215 this year after 25 years 204 upper west. Was in the end zone in '65, '66 etc. Looking forward to it this year. My main reason is it should mean less climbing.

7. PowderSpringsJacket88

PowderSpringsJacket88 Helluva Engineer Retired Staff

I enjoy it up there as long as you are not too high. I have 110 and 111 seats this year for a mix of games.

8. gtrower

gtrower Ramblin' Wreck

My season tix are in 215. I like it (as mentioned) for seeing running lanes.

Eric likes this.
  9. IronJacket7

Well I feel much better now after hearing all of you. I wanted to sit there because of the very reason of seeing the offense and defense better.... holes, coverage, etc

10. DaltonJacket

I'm in 210 the first row behind the rail (row 9 I think) so I've got legroom and a nice view of the game!

11. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

I've always enjoyed the end zone seats, nothing better for watching the play develop on both sides of the ball. The only down side is the spot of the ball after a play and distance for a 1st down.

12. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

I agree..I love those seats with our offense.

13. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

I'm in row 9 (just above the rail) of section 215, right behind the east post of the goal. I love the seats.

14. Chattjacket

Chattjacket Jolly Good Fellow

The season tickets in the Gold Zone (1st 15 rows or so) of the North endzone are a really good deal. No Tech Fund contribution required. Mine are on row 5, so it's like a built in chair back with the wall behind you. I would recommend that area to anyone. Great view for watching plays develop.

15. DaltonJacket

I would love to meet some of my fellow upper north fans this season!

16. IronJacket7

Same here. It would be nice to meet fellow swarmers.

17. BainbridgeJacket

BainbridgeJacket Helluva Engineer

I'm in the gold zone as well this year.

18. Ramblinwreck7

Ramblinwreck7 Jolly Good Fellow

My group is in the front row of 219. Love the view from there.

19. GlennW

GlennW Helluva Engineer

I might add that (if I'm not mistaken) if you get there early enough, you can watch the band march in before the game right below you, and you're on the end zone where the Jackets come out to start the game/second half so you get a pretty good view of the Wreck leading the team onto the field.

20. texasjacket

texasjacket Ramblin' Wreck

I enjoy this location at any football game in general for reasons already listed. Mainly you can see the moving of the lines a lot easier. The down side is you only get close up action for one half of the game.