Ellen at GT on Signing Day?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Check Ellen Degeneres' twitter feed. Says either she or her show will be in GT area on Wednesday.

Someone confirm, can't post link.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
You're thinking of Helen Hunt
For those who haven't seen:
MarkRicht.jpg

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, maybe she just likes Atlanta.

A lot of celebs do; it ain't just Elton John. The main thing I hear is that they find they can go out to eat or to a show and nobody comes up and bothers them for an autograph or wants to get their picture taken with them or the rest of the silly stuff that they all have to put up with elsewhere. We're so polite it makes you want to puke.

Oth, it is worth it as an example to the kids. Everybody has to learn to control themselves, but there's little enough of that these days.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Maybe she's here highlighting the diversity at GT, and what a great incubator GT and Atlanta has become for people from all over the world? Or she just might be here doing silly skits and giving away Sublime donuts?

GT may be in the heart of the South, but it has become a world wide symbol for innovation and progress. That's why people usually say GT is misplaced in Georgia.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Well, maybe she just likes Atlanta.

A lot of celebs do; it ain't just Elton John. The main thing I hear is that they find they can go out to eat or to a show and nobody comes up and bothers them for an autograph or wants to get their picture taken with them or the rest of the silly stuff that they all have to put up with elsewhere. We're so polite it makes you want to puke.

Actually...three years ago when our daughter was in school at GT her mom and I were going down to see her one Saturday PM. We were heading west on 10th St and got stopped at the red light at Piedmont. There is a restaurant on the left and sure enough Elton John and someone else, perhaps his partner David, were sitting at a table right inside the restaurant up against 10th side. The restaurant has large windows on the 10th side that were open so Elton and buddy were effectively sitting outside. Let me tell you, the locals made a big, big deal about Elton and friend.

But I know what you're saying generally about ATL and the celeb culture.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Wow. Lots of anger in this thread. Ellen's show makes LOTS of people happy. Why care about her politics one way or the other?

If it somehow screws with our NSD. That is why care.

Why would she be at GT Wednesday? What possible good could come for our athletic programs because of freaking Ellen?

Maybe Peterson swung some deal to show people how tough he is because of the Charlotte deal.