Ellen at GT on Signing Day?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Maybe she's here highlighting the diversity at GT, and what a great incubator GT and Atlanta has become for people from all over the world? Or she just might be here doing silly skits and giving away Sublime donuts?

GT may be in the heart of the South, but it has become a world wide symbol for innovation and progress. That's why people usually say GT is misplaced in Georgia.

Bigot much?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Heh, I'm having a 'well that escalated quickly' moment.

I imagine, based on my amateur twit-analysis skills, it's probably some stunt or skit that's intended to be all in good fun. Figure if it was political, the tone of the twit would be different. JMHO.

IOW, probably no need to tear each other apart ... yet? :sneaky:

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
If it somehow screws with our NSD. That is why care.

Why would she be at GT Wednesday? What possible good could come for our athletic programs because of freaking Ellen?

Maybe Peterson swung some deal to show people how tough he is because of the Charlotte deal.
?? Serious? What possible good could come for your athletic program from having a major celebrity bringing potential new fans in? I mean, for a fanbase that CONSTANTLY bemoans their lack of fan support, sidewalk fans, and lack of ingenuity in taking advantage of it's alumni and Atlanta's diversity, this seems like a no brainer to me.

But maybe I'm just a nitwit from the swamp :)

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, maybe she just likes Atlanta.

A lot of celebs do; it ain't just Elton John. The main thing I hear is that they find they can go out to eat or to a show and nobody comes up and bothers them for an autograph or wants to get their picture taken with them or the rest of the silly stuff that they all have to put up with elsewhere. We're so polite it makes you want to puke.

Oth, it is worth it as an example to the kids. Everybody has to learn to control themselves, but there's little enough of that these days.
I was reading an article a couple of months ago and in it the author, who openly said that he has spent very little time in Atlanta besides the airport, was just flabbergasted that he went into an empty sports bar in the middle of the day and saw Usher watching baseball alone.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
If it somehow screws with our NSD. That is why care.

Why would she be at GT Wednesday? What possible good could come for our athletic programs because of freaking Ellen?

Maybe Peterson swung some deal to show people how tough he is because of the Charlotte deal.
How could it possibly screw with our NSD? Is Ellen going to be monopolizing our fax machine?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well, maybe she just likes Atlanta.

A lot of celebs do; it ain't just Elton John. The main thing I hear is that they find they can go out to eat or to a show and nobody comes up and bothers them for an autograph or wants to get their picture taken with them or the rest of the silly stuff that they all have to put up with elsewhere. We're so polite it makes you want to puke.

Oth, it is worth it as an example to the kids. Everybody has to learn to control themselves, but there's little enough of that these days.

To backup your point, the best college football coach in the land visits my local sports bar from time with staff and other guests. Everyone knows who CPJ is there, but everyone leaves him alone.

May have shared this story, but I'll repeat it because it's kinda funny: CPJ was at the local watering hole one time playing pool. A guy walks into the pool area with a GT cap on. Paul Johnson says to the guy "Nice cap!". The guy looked at CPJ like he was a weirdo. No clue who just complimented him...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
People, surely Ellen's visit has NOTHING to do with national signing day or GT sports. My guess, based on "keep your Wednesday free" is that she'll be doing some stunt to give away Super Bowl tickets.

Nah, she's probably going to hold a massive protest designed to get all our guys to withdraw their commitments and all go with the dawgs instead. :rolleyes:

reubenjet

Jolly Good Fellow
If uga can have one then why can't we???
Ryan-Seacrest-AP662615872921.jpg

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He's excited about the preseason national championship he will receive tomorrow.

To be fair, tomorrow is basically their title game. Based on the last 37 years, what else do they have to look forward to?

They're probably pumped right now. Going over gameplan. What snacks to choose. Who'll be in charge of spellchecking Kirby's twits. Who's gonna sweep all the crumbs from around Kirby's mouth before the big interview. Which 'staffer' has to check to make sure ugga can still fog a mirror. They got a lotta reps on that one.

There's a lot going on in Athens, jaco.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Y'all act like this is remotely related to football smh. She's probably going to feature an Atlanta native like Childish Gambino then focus on an all women's team from the Inventure contest.

Deleted member 2897

Let's get the hate pointed back in the right direction

CBS Sports: UGA staffer zings Georgia Tech on twitter

Reply to Ellen's Tweet

The only thing more funny than making fun of the dwags is how they troll themselves constantly without realizing it. We have MORE commits right now than they do. So who's got more time on their hands? If he's trying to make the point about the quality of people actually signing (which wouldn't make any sense when talking about free time), I'd still argue against them. They recruit some of the most dense, thick headed people you'll ever meet, so if someone were to have challenges physically signing a piece of paperwork and spelling their name correct - again, it would be them. And finally, we've won 2 of the last 3. So again, thanks for giving us the constant reminder how of absolutely pathetic of a cesspool uga is that they can do so poorly with so much. They've finished 3 of the last 4 years unranked despite having elite top 10 classes.