Elite type recruits

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
How long have you been a Tech fan... I am guessing not that long... I will go ahead and answer your question... The answer is consistently and always NO. Here are the reasons

1) Our uniforms... no elite level recruit wants to play in our Uniforms... I have it on good authority from multiple GT boards that our uniforms are the absolute worst in college football

2) Lack of majors... All elite level athletes want to major in Liberal arts majors. Since Tech doesn't have a single one, ALL elite recruits will be forced to go somewhere else

3) The Hill... the administration of Tech will never allow said recruits, because it cheapens the degree of all TECH grads. We are still trying to recover from the hit we took when JoHam was here and later on Calvin... I have never seen my salary docked so much....

4) Fans...Our fans are horrible, they never stand, or stand too much, they are too loud, or not loud enough. They don't show up, or show up late. The frats are rowdy, and in general Tech Fans always complain..again which is why we can't have elite recruits.

Disclaimer: The internet is always tricky when attempting satire... just for clarification purposes, the above is all a JOKE, we can recruit Elite recruits and have many on the TEAM right now.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
The 2014 cycle has 3 months left. Impossible to know who we have a legit shot for in the 2015 class.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
How long have you been a Tech fan... I am guessing not that long... I will go ahead and answer your question... The answer is consistently and always NO. Here are the reasons

1) Our uniforms... no elite level recruit wants to play in our Uniforms... I have it on good authority from multiple GT boards that our uniforms are the absolute worst in college football

2) Lack of majors... All elite level athletes want to major in Liberal arts majors. Since Tech doesn't have a single one, ALL elite recruits will be forced to go somewhere else

3) The Hill... the administration of Tech will never allow said recruits, because it cheapens the degree of all TECH grads. We are still trying to recover from the hit we took when JoHam was here and later on Calvin... I have never seen my salary docked so much....

4) Fans...Our fans are horrible, they never stand, or stand too much, they are too loud, or not loud enough. They don't show up, or show up late. The frats are rowdy, and in general Tech Fans always complain..again which is why we can't have elite recruits.

Disclaimer: The internet is always tricky when attempting satire... just for clarification purposes, the above is all a JOKE, we can recruit Elite recruits and have many on the TEAM right now.

That might the best explanation of Tech recruiting I've ever seen posted on the interweb LOL!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer

Well you nipped that one in the bud. Lol

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
Also I agree with 90% of that and trust me I understand the obstacles. We can still hang in there with factory schools and have done so for many years. It's still amazing to me that we pull great athletes maybe not first round picks but still great players and have multiple elite level athletes we get from time to time. I agree that our fans are very negative and would rather not even come to the games and hide away. It needs to change. The uniforms are better this season I want under armour or nike and I think that will happen in the coming years

Tempest_12

Jolly Good Fellow
Also I agree with 90% of that and trust me I understand the obstacles. We can still hang in there with factory schools and have done so for many years. It's still amazing to me that we pull great athletes maybe not first round picks but still great players and have multiple elite level athletes we get from time to time. I agree that our fans are very negative and would rather not even come to the games and hide awh Ruay. It needs to change. The uniforms are better this season I want under armour or nike and I think that will happen in the coming years

We recently extended our contract with Russel. Don't know when it ends. 2017 pops into my head for some reason...

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Idk if it's just me but when a player commits to tech and takes themself out of the recruiting process it seems it devalues their ranking or no matter how good they do after the commitment their ranking doesn't go up. How was Calvin a 4 star, his measurables were off the charts. Thomas was a 3 star, Custis did move to a 4 after showing out in the playoffs but most of our commits rightfully earn their ranking. UGA gets 10-12 4 stars a year and most never live up to that.

GTFowler

Georgia Tech Fan
Calvin Johnson actually majored in engineering he was actually smart and had great grades
Building Construction to be exact. Sadly his major is not available at Georgia Tech any more and there is only a masters program or a PHD program. Now one must do civil engineering or Architecture instead.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Just to clarify: Although every major does require some kind of Calc, not every major actually requires Calc 1. Some majors only require Survey of Calculus, which is a watered down version of Calc 1. Yes it is still calculus, but nothing close to the one all the engineers have to take.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Building Construction to be exact. Sadly his major is not available at Georgia Tech any more and there is only a masters program or a PHD program. Now one must do civil engineering or Architecture instead.
There are several in my fraternity who are BC?

gtdrew

Banned
Just to clarify: Although every major does require some kind of Calc, not every major actually requires Calc 1. Some majors only require Survey of Calculus, which is a watered down version of Calc 1. Yes it is still calculus, but nothing close to the one all the engineers have to take.
Plus, you can take it at georgia perimeter and transfer it. Not a bad deal...

GTFowler

Georgia Tech Fan
There are several in my fraternity who are BC?
Hmm weird the school of building construction Web page told me that now BC is only master and PhD degree and that they recommend to get a degree in civil or architecture to get ready for the master program. Maybe it's just for future students who weren't enrolled in Tech when they made the change and your fraternity buddies are grandfathered in basically.(just like the whole bs in business administration and management ordeal that occurred a few years ago)

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
Hahah I haven't even taken the first math I have to take at KSU and I'm a junior. I can't imagine what these guys have to go tho rug and students at tech in general