Eligibility Question (Redshirt Rule)

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Could a player redshirt in his fifth year, after playing full four seasons?

Example: Taquon Marshall practices and plays next year at WR, but limits his participation to 4 games and takes his RS year?

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
So my RS senior year I can’t play my last 4 games because I played 4 my RS year?

Not trying to stir you up but the question is technically the same amount of games. 4 years + 4 games

Animal02

Banned
So my RS senior year I can’t play my last 4 games because I played 4 my RS year?

Not trying to stir you up but the question is technically the same amount of games. 4 years + 4 games
No it is not.....a red shirt year doesn't count.....so if you have played none, 1, 2 or 3 years.....you can red shirt and still have the 5th year to complete four seasons......once you complete four seasons, you are no longer eligible.

LibertyTurns

Banned
It would be cool if they gave every player 50 games to play in. You waste your game on La Monroe and maybe you don’t get to play against Clemp in the championship game because you ran out of game eligibility.Maybe stretch it over 6 or 8 yrs & 3 or 4 different schools so you don’t have kids skipping all over the place. This allows for injuries, personal situations, coaching changes, etc.