Election Day

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Reveno’s boss, Josh Pastner, shared the idea with fellow ACC coaches on a conference call.

“Coach (Mike) Krzyzewski, he was all on board about it,” Pastner said. “All the coaches thought it was great.”

Thursday, the National Association of Basketball Coaches issued a call to all men’s basketball coaches to do as Tech had done and make election day an off day.

“Heck, it could be a movement where no school is in session across the country so everyone has the opportunity to exercise the right to vote,” Pastner said.

slugboy

Staff member
Sharing this here, too. This looks like it’s getting bigger

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I love this and Coach Rev is gonna be an amazing head coach somewhere someday. Hopefully we keep him around for a bit longer, this guy is just pure goodness.

Also Loved the qualification of 5 years at Standford (redshirt, physical reasons not academic) hahah

Deleted member 2897

Meanwhile, uGA continues to show its the regressive backwoods school in Georgia, prohibiting all voting on campus.

GT_EE78

Banned
I'm ok with this even tho a whole day is overkill.
my employers always gave 1 hour paid for voting which was always more than enough.
Voting is a privilege.It is not a right.

GT_EE78

Banned
I could not disagree more strongly. Voting is a right and a duty as a citizen.
I'd agree that it's a duty but privileges come from a government. Rights come from God.
This distinction was so important to our founding fathers that they enumerated them in the first ten amendments.