Edits: players likeness

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I was curious about all the edits and characters that have been made in the “players likeness”. The edits/graphics were a HUGE feature in signing day today. My question is who owns the rights to these edits/characters? The company who made them? Do we pay on going fees for the use of the edits? Property of GT? Or do they belong to the individual players and they can take them with them once their career at GT is over or if they transfer? This isn’t intended to be a complaint just an honest question. Will all the current players on the team roster have a character developed in their likeness to promote their own brand?
In fact. I thought it was a very unique feature to our GT Signing Day! Go Jackets and I hope we land a few more aces before 2021 Class is completely finished!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The software to convert a photograph to a cartoon-like image is commonplace. There are many apps that can do this for anyone. This isn't innovative technology or difficult to do. A digital editor can easily overlay the dancing animations over the real-life video to create the composite. None of the work that was done was novel. What was novel is how the GT staff used this to stand out amongst the crowd.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
IIRC I heard Collins say something about the recruits having access to these avatars to do with what they wanted

MidtownJacket

Staff member
1608221449868.png