Editing time limit

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Would be super to have the edit button go beyond 10 minutes? How about indefinitely, such as what the mods. have?

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Would be super to have the edit button go beyond 10 minutes? How about indefinitely, such as what the mods. have?
Moved this to the lounge as I'd prefer to not make the original thread into a general suggestion thread.

There is a reason why this is limited. Folks shouldn't be able to change their past posts indefinitely. If you think you'll need to update a post later then the prudent thing to do is to probably wait to post until you are sure.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
It definitly makes sense to have a limit. I have wished a number of times it was just a little longer. Like 20 minutes. I caught myselt just missing the window to change a bad spelling error many times. But I suck at spelling so maybe this is just my problem

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Remember, kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heros get remembered, but Legends typos never die..

Opening Day Baseball GIF by Wisconsin Sportscenter

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
It definitly makes sense to have a limit. I have wished a number of times it was just a little longer. Like 20 minutes. I caught myselt just missing the window to change a bad spelling error many times. But I suck at spelling so maybe this is just my problem
I think 20 minutes is reasonable. I believe current time limit is 10 minutes.

So I'll adjust this soon unless any mods want to veto.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Obviously, just a joke 🧐

I think 20 minutes makes plenty of sense.
I wouldn't mind if the regular text locked in immediately (or couple of minutes) if there was a way to add any time.

Edit: By add any time, I mean with a line that didn't modify previous text but allowed someone to expand, expound, or explain without changing the basic premise of the post.

Edit: That way, if someone quoted the post, it wouldn't look weird, but if someone had a change of heart or thought better of their bourbon-soaked diatribe, they could modify it at a later, more sober moment.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I oNly edit when I badly misspeel a word or three....

Edit: I mean, I only edit when I badly....well, you get it....

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
What I enjoy very much about The Hive along with the fellowships over the last 2 1/2 decades is that you can delete or edit your post at any time. If I need to edit a recruiting chart, it takes a few seconds. Should I want to delete one and not take up all of that space, boom it’s done….post a new one to the current page.