Ed Orgeron Calls Out His Defense

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I am watching the LSU game and the commentators mention Ed publicly called out his defense after the last game. Saying, "They are embarrassing. I thought if we could hold teams to 21ppg we could play well knowing we would score 30. But when you score 41 and lose. Thats unacceptable and embarrassing."

This was directed at his staff and players.

Tonight his team is doing just that. Holding SC to 20ish points while the offense has scored 45. They have held SC to 33% on third down. Last 2 weeks they gave up at a 50% clip. Tonight SC gas around 340 yards while the 2 weeks prior they have up a combined 1100+ yards. 600+ and 500+.

I understand trying to support your players, but I am a FIRM believer in holding them accountable and calling them out on mistakes. Even if it needs to happen on national TV or in an interview. The narrative has to be that the mistakes will not continue or heads will roll. Thacker and the whole defense should be put on notice.

Pretty sure Ed would of physically beaten half the team if they gave up 77 to clemson. Idc if we played the 2007 New England Patriots. You don't give up 77. You especially don't play fast paced tempo offense in the 2nd half to continue to gas your defense and allow Clemson to continue to score.

Again today our defense looked lost.

I like Collins as a guy, but sometimes I wish he had a little roughneck in him to beat up on his team like Ed O.