Eastern Kentucky - Opening Weekend

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I don't have cable, cut the cord. I have ESPN+ and I had ACCN on AT&T.... I guess I'll watch the replay later? Does WREK have an app to listen in? I didn't find one.
.You can listen to all of the games on wrek.org. When GT Women's basketball are playing at the same time, baseball is on the HD2 subchannel link.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
If you guys wanted a good laugh today.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

For reference, Evansville went 5-11 last year, and is 41-79 dating back to 2018. Now y’all see why they flaked on the weekend series with us even though USC-Clemson, and UF-Miami are playing

Plus an excellent troll job out of Evansville

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nice win. Need some work but we have the power. EKU is pretty good, well coached.

Love the pitching. Slow hook on first two but Bartnicki was ....... awesome. Hurter very solid start through 4.
1613773718449.png

Even better, they used 6 pitchers on 177 pitches. Good for the next two games.
1613773882100.png

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Nice win. Need some work but we have the power. EKU is pretty good, well coached.

Love the pitching. Slow hook on first two but Bartnicki was ....... awesome. Hurter very solid start through 4.
View attachment 9909

View attachment 9910
Hurter looked rusty (which is hard to blame him for), but he was still very good working out of trouble and that's a great sign. Bartnicki and Chapman were both fantastic and the offense is still the good old Tech offense. Very nice to get a win on opening day!

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 9909

View attachment 9910
Regarding Hurter, they let him get his pitches in. Thought it would be fewer, but I assume that DBo knows what he's doing. I wouldn't have let Finley start the 7th with our supposed pitching depth, but again.... See what they're capable of. Don't have much time until we play NC State and Louisville the next 2 weekends, so we need to figure out who can do what pretty quickly.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Love the middle of our lineup. 3-6 hitters (Jenkins, Reid, Compton, Holland) were 6-17 (.353) with 8 RBI, 2 doubles (Jenkins) and 3 HR (Reid/Compton/Holland with 1 each) and only 2 K’s. There’s a lot of power in there. Craziest part is they’re all second-year freshmen. That is a ridiculous core to build our offense around for the next 3+ years.

Thought Tres looked good at the plate today too with a hit and 2 walks, some good ABs

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Regarding Hurter, they let him get his pitches in. Thought it would be fewer, but I assume that DBo knows what he's doing. I wouldn't have let Finley start the 7th with our supposed pitching depth, but again.... See what they're capable of. Don't have much time until we play NC State and Louisville the next 2 weekends, so we need to figure out who can do what pretty quickly.

Agree it's a judgement call. And DBo knows a lot more. Using more pitchers let's us see more pitchers (duh) but not how long they can go or how they work out of jams. Use 5 a game and I'm fine.

Great to get a win. Gonzalez made a great play in the OF to save some runs. And Holland strong at the plate.

Holland hit one right to 2nd that had to have 100 velo. He is hitting much more authoritatively than last year.

Great to have baseball back!!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I thought they left Finley in way too long personally. I was fine with all the other pitching decisions (even with Hurter being rusty). But Finley clearly had lost it when he started off the 7th by hitting two guys back to back. He had lost his control. But I think we had not been warming up the next guy in the bullpen, so we left him out there until the next guy got warm. Cost us 5 runs.

VERY impressed with the middle of our lineup. 3-6 hitters all looked like they could drive the ball hard anywhere.

was not impressed with the #2 hitter in our lineup. Let’s hope he just had a bad day.

the changes to the stadium are VERY nice. Hall of Champions is well done and was badly needed. I may sneak in there more often as you can warm up in there while still watching the game. Plus, beer and wine. What could go wrong?

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Love the middle of our lineup. 3-6 hitters (Jenkins, Reid, Compton, Holland) were 6-17 (.353) with 8 RBI, 2 doubles (Jenkins) and 3 HR (Reid/Compton/Holland with 1 each) and only 2 K’s. There’s a lot of power in there. Craziest part is they’re all second-year freshmen. That is a ridiculous core to build our offense around for the next 3+ years.

Thought Tres looked good at the plate today too with a hit and 2 walks, some good ABs

Not to mention Holland is playing over one of the best frosh prospects in the country.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 9909

View attachment 9910
LOVE watching pitch counts since Ramsey was hired. Thought we were surprisingly aggressive in the first couple innings. But settled in after that.