Early Off—Season Thread

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Now that the season is over (figuratively, if not literally), looking at OL potentially returning next year, and if currently committed, but unsigned, OL recruits do enroll at Tech, and if there are no injuries carrying over into the season, what will our starting (yes, I know, ATL) OL be at kickoff next fall?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Now that the season is over (figuratively, if not literally), looking at OL potentially returning next year, and if currently committed, but unsigned, OL recruits do enroll at Tech, and if there are no injuries carrying over into the season, what will our starting (yes, I know, ATL) OL be at kickoff next fall?

Quinney
Hansen/Defoor
Vaipulu/Kootsourdis
Defoors/ Cooper
Jordan Williams/ Michael Rankins

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Hanson and Cooper injuries need to heal. Only played half year.
Still young.
Note cgc said the ol transfer from Vanderbilt played almost every down.
Hint?

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
If UNC can make it work i don’t see why we can’t. This nice balance of upperclassmen and new guys

It will depend a lot on QB development as well. UNC has stumbled into what appears to be a really good QB and pairs that with the OK OL. We have a lot of improvement to do at that position to see overall improvement even if the OL gets better.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think quinney and defoor lock down left side

Cgt on right all up in air. I can see a fresh rt and g. But maybe a returning c since key has his c make the checks with the qb

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Even a marginal improvement in OLine play will open up a lot (or should). Key is a good OLine coach, and there should be massive decrease in missed assignments, and hopefully the S&C program keeps developing players. With the talent at the skill positions that will be available next year, it will give a good feel on whether or not Pnude should continue to be the guy. Mason and Griffin could both be special (hopefully Gibbs comes and joins that duo also), and surely Graham won’t regress any over the off-season, and he will still have to out perform both Gleason and Yates. Camp, Ezzard, and Dolphus will all be back alongside Brown who has shown he has the speed to be special. There’s reason to believe next season could end in a bowl game, even with the tough schedule.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Surprised there's no mention of Jahaziel Lee in any of these predictions.

But both he and Cooper will be redshirt seniors and probably won't be back if they graduate.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Is this a joke?

Jmonty71

Banned
I kind of hope that we're starting a new OC. The current one isn't the best, to say the least.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
If we have 2-3 true freshman starting next year, it is going to be a looong year again...

An improvement over walk-ons, no? Plus, the veterans will have experience in the new blocking schemes and will be able to help the young guys along. Unlike this year, when everyone was a freshman in practical terms.

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Surprised there's no mention of Jahaziel Lee in any of these predictions.

But both he and Cooper will be redshirt seniors and probably won't be back if they graduate.
I think everyone is assuming Lee will be a full-time DL next year