Early line: Clemson by 29

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Losing by 70 pretty much hurts the program in many ways.
  • National image
  • Recruiting
  • The ability to attract new fans
  • Ticket sales
  • Revenue
We're not ready this year or next, but as the old saying goes, pay back is hell. One day with or without Collins, Tech needs to kick Clemson's a**.
We do but we won't. We will never attain that level of competition.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
For whatever reason Dabo seems to have a stiffie for GT and CGC. It showed in the game last year and I’m guessing he will be looking to our game to show everyone the O is just fine. Nothing in the first two games gives me any indication that we will slow them down. 29 is a lot but seems right
The "expert" at CBS sports has a weekly pick column on different games he thinks will beat the spread. This week he is picking Clemson to cover. 29 points is a lot but they would have covered that the last two years.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Swinney is frequently on the record as telling his team, top to bottom, that "I didn't recruit you here to sit. You're gonna play and when you play you had better know the playbook." So if your twos and threes are better than our ones, then I suppose it might be running up the score in a broad sense. As for Bryant - who lost his job at Georgia Tech that year -- you knew there was a problem when he began whining it "wasn't fair." His problem was as Alabama demonstrated that he could not throw downfield. He was in such a huff that he quit the team outright though Swinney tried to talk him into staying, practicing with the team, training with them, eating at the training table, and at least stay with his scholarship until the spring. But he hustled off to Missouri and proved Swinney et al right.
I don't know what Dabo has against Coach Collins but whatever it is, I hope he forgets about it and lets bygones be bygones this week.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Dabo wants to get the best recruits out of Georgia. Now he really only competes with UGA and doesn't want GT to be in the mix. He was making a point last year to show how superior his program is. He may not like some of the antics of Collins but he may respect his recruiting. I don't see him holding back like a lot of coaches do when they have a comfortable lead.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I’ve got a feeling we can pull the upset. We are due for one especially against Clemson.

Our o line has been less than stellar so far but this is the week they gel and punch people on the chin. Yates will start and use his maturity and calmness to orchestrate the O just enough to generate points. D comes up with two or three critical stops and a few turnovers. We rejoice and Clemson melts down.

I’m really sorry, I’m working on my bipolar fandom. I have to live with it every week.

Go Jackets! KILL THE TIGER!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I’ve got a feeling we can pull the upset. We are due for one especially against Clemson.

Our o line has been less than stellar so far but this is the week they gel and punch people on the chin. Yates will start and use his maturity and calmness to orchestrate the O just enough to generate points. D comes up with two or three critical stops and a few turnovers. We rejoice and Clemson melts down.

I’m really sorry, I’m working on my bipolar fandom. I have to live with it every week.

Go Jackets! KILL THE TIGER!
Yates is our secret weapon.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I'll be working on the Appalachian Trail with no wifi. Checking the score after it's over will be like ripping the Band Aid off.

Clemson covers if Collins has same hurry up on O like last year. Increases Clemson scoring and tires our D out more. But more ATL opportunities.
Which section will you be on?

slugboy

Staff member
I'll be working on the Appalachian Trail with no wifi. Checking the score after it's over will be like ripping the Band Aid off.

Clemson covers if Collins has same hurry up on O like last year. Increases Clemson scoring and tires our D out more. But more ATL opportunities.

I'm not worried about hurry up or pace. In some ways, I think pace could help us. I think we need to figure out blocking on offense and some sort of interior pressure on defense. Even if it's using a TE as an H-Back for another blocker.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

I'll be home drinking my beer will try and get the first 12 down before halftime so I will be able to see the 2nd half without getting pissed off. ( and hoping my wife will go over to see one of friends )

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I'll be home drinking my beer will try and get the first 12 down before halftime so I will be able to see the 2nd half without getting pissed off. ( and hoping my wife will go over to see one of friends )
You know, liquor's quicker, and speaking of "pissed off", necessitates a lot fewer trips to the loo.