Early 2014 Coastal Prediction

Mack

Helluva Engineer
6th in coastal my ***. a yr. 2 defense, a quarterback unafraid of contact, and Travis Custis? We'll be contenders...
Agreed.........Dook has a good coach and a good year this year but not so sure they have a bunch coming back and besides we can whip them.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I know we're replacing our QB, but so is everyone else. Here are the teams on our schedule with new starters at QB next year. Most of these teams QB's outperformed ours this year, so I would have to say it's a bigger loss for each...
  • Clemson
  • Georgia
  • Miami
  • Virginia Tech
  • Pittsburgh
  • North Carolina
Duke had a great year, but they have ZERO defense, and we have them in Atlanta. We're going to have a shot at the Coastal...but so is everyone else, minus UVA.

We need to be careful not to expect too much from our defense though...gotta be honest, the only reason no one was pissed at them this year is because of the dumpster fire in 2012. Honestly, both the offense and defense were just OK in 2013. We'll need one of them to get better if we want to get to 8-9 wins and squeak out the Coastal. Both will need to improve for us to win it convincingly.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I really think this year depends on how JT takes hold of the QB position and if our OL can gel together. Defense will be solid, better in pass coverage despite losing jemea the boss Thomas, getting rid of Lou young will only help, I appreciate the hard work he put in but that guy got beat constantly and would dance around the 1/10 stops he would get....annoying.. But dj white really impressed me this yeAr in coverage even in the Clemson game where they threw at him all game, he was all over their guys just Boyd made perfect throws all night. Durham / white combo at CBs gonna be a good duo.

Animal02

Banned
Switch the games dates of when Tech played Miami and when Duke played them, and Tech would have won the coastal. 1-2 games a year come down to "luck" whether it is the ball bouncing the right way, the weather of an injury. This year, all those aligned for Duke and they eked out a division win. Meanwhile, Tech has been in contention just about every year.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Switch the games dates of when Tech played Miami and when Duke played them, and Tech would have won the coastal. 1-2 games a year come down to "luck" whether it is the ball bouncing the right way, the weather of an injury. This year, all those aligned for Duke and they eked out a division win. Meanwhile, Tech has been in contention just about every year.
Yeah we are usually in good condition ot win the title since the big uns we play are VT and Miami and one day we will get their number.I like Cutcliff and-his coaching attitude but he did have luck...of course who would have thought we would have won the NC in 1990...We sure need some luck next year since I see fans who are losing faith in the team even with a big lead.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Anything can happen. Predicting the Coastal is a complete crapshoot. Who predicted Duke to win it last year?
Yeah you just cant figure out teams on paper.We had a kid years ago that played for me who weighed about 140 or so and we kind of counted him out to really help us well.........he gained about 20 pounds and made us a good running back ....too early to tell who has what..I do think Miami will be good due to the number of athletes they have and they finally have good coaching and I dont poo poo VT since they recruit well and we go up there,Ga will again be tough and the new hire on defense is a good one and The ACC headcase........NC who knows with talent that they have but we aint sliced cheese either.Who knows JT comes of age and PJ welcomes back.....................Dodd Unis....................had to do it Cheese !

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah you just cant figure out teams on paper.We had a kid years ago that played for me who weighed about 140 or so and we kind of counted him out to really help us well.........he gained about 20 pounds and made us a good running back ....too early to tell who has what..I do think Miami will be good due to the number of athletes they have and they finally have good coaching and I dont poo poo VT since they recruit well and we go up there,Ga will again be tough and the new hire on defense is a good one and The ACC headcase........NC who knows with talent that they have but we aint sliced cheese either.Who knows JT comes of age and PJ welcomes back.....................Dodd Unis....................had to do it Cheese !

I hope PJ also bring back Dodd RESULTS along with those beautiful unis.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I guess its a carryover from bball but i really hate freaking duke, i hope we crush their hopes and dreams next year and they fall back down where they belong into the basement