Early 2014 Coastal Prediction

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
5 or 6 is right around where I expect most writers will have us.

1 or 2 is where I'd put us. Our schedule is not that strong, and Blacksburg isn't as formidable as it once was.

I think people will underestimate the effect of losing Dobson for Pitt

I think people underestimate the effect of going from laugher to contender and the mindset the game brings (see: Duke)

I think people underestimate the effect of losing Ebron.

I think people overestimate our defensive losses as our defense was good off and on, and it also gets some people back that were out this season. I think people underestimate the effect that Vad's turnovers and psyche had on our offense.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Might as well get ready for the Dukie-love :shifty: this offseason. This past season was the perfect storm for them. Won't be duplicated. Plus it's a whole different ballgame being the hunted. As the old saying goes, "huntin' ain't no fun when the rabbit's got the gun" or STTE

Also, IIUC each team picked ahead of us (except Duke) replaces their starting QB too. It'll be interesting to see which one hits the ground running first. That'll likely be the division winner.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
At this point it is all based only on what is returning. We have too many new parts to make a higher prediction. Right now we may think JT, Custis, Autry, Days, Golden etc will be upgrades, but they have to prove it on the field. I don't see replacements for Attoachu or Jemea as upgrades at this point.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Sounds about right. The media consistently underrates GT and GT consistently beats those projections.
That said, there are valid concerns about next year...